FishEaters Traditional Catholic Forums

Full Version: SSPX or Orthodox
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24
If the SSPX is willing to kiss the pope's ring out of respect for his authority.  There are some Catholic bishops who wouldn't.
It would be certainly better to go to SSPX than Orthodox, simply because whereas the SSPX is in an unclear position canonically (I'm not sure their Mass is illicit), the  Orthodox have been surely out of communion for almost 1000 years.
The sspx seeing as I already attend an SSPX here in KCMO.
I would not even tempt myself to hear false doctrine at an Orthodox.
(10-01-2009, 02:01 PM)jovan66102 Wrote: [ -> ]  Also, since the Council a Catholic may fulfil his Obligation at an Orthodox DL if there is no Catholic Mass available and he can do so without danger of falling into schism.

If there is no Catholic Mass available, there would be no obligation to fulfill.
(10-01-2009, 02:15 PM)nsper7 Wrote: [ -> ]Perhaps I am a bit more of a Neo-Conservative (NOT IN THE POLITICAL SENSE, but in the theological sense) Catholic, but I think Traditional and Neo-Conservative Catholicism should go hand-in-hand since we both stand for an orthodox Faith.

Exactly! You are NOT a Traditionalist, you are a neoCath. That's why I'm still totally confused as to why you are here. True, many neoCaths stand for an orthodox Faith, but Traditionalism is much, much more than that and you don't qualify.
"You don't qualify"??? F%#k off jovan, even though I usually like what you write. I'm not a dyed-in-the-wool traddie either (mainly because of traddies), but I don't get attacked like this bloke does. I remember a time when I asked myself the same question as the thread topic, albeit out of desperation for a holy Mass. I learned a lot since then, but not enough to tell some poor bloke they "don't qualify". Go put your head in a cold shower - you're drunk on pride.
(10-02-2009, 01:54 AM)Benno Wrote: [ -> ]"You don't qualify"??? F%#k off jovan, even though I usually like what you write. I'm not a dyed-in-the-wool traddie either (mainly because of traddies), but I don't get attacked like this bloke does. I remember a time when I asked myself the same question as the thread topic, albeit out of desperation for a holy Mass. I learned a lot since then, but not enough to tell some poor bloke they "don't qualify". Go put your head in a cold shower - you're drunk on pride.

Thanks Benno.  :fish:
any way louis martin wrote the only response worth reading.
No 1 as others have mentioned, if you are in an area where the SSPX are located, then that are has a Catholic parish - the SSPX are it.

No 2 the SSPX Mass is in the Roman Rite, and the Orthodox are not. if you were baptised in the Roman Church then you ought to go to the SSPX Mass.
oh it's so SIMPLE!  :laughing: People have every reason to think that they should avoid the sspx, "roman rite" or not, rightly/ wrongly or not. It's gotten a lot of good/ bad/ true/ false  wraps from both enemies and supporters. Come on people, get out of your little world and think of those outside it. Personally I remember trawling through all sorts of crap both theoretially and experientially about the sspx out of scrupulosity, before getting to a realistic understanding of them.  ;D
Would you even be able to understand the schismatic priest's sermon, when it's likely in a lauguage you don't understand? I say go to the SSPX as I usually go to the SSPX and I have closer diocesan Tridentine Masses. I probably wouldn't even be a Catholic without the SSPX. God bless thy holy priests, all of them!
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24