FishEaters Traditional Catholic Forums

Full Version: Italian scientist reproduces Shroud of Turin
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
(10-05-2009, 03:17 PM)BrevisVir55 Wrote: [ -> ]I thought everyone accepted that the carbon-dating was off because of a medieval fire and attempts at repair during that period?
Most everyone has except scientists who by and large are satans imps.
(10-05-2009, 03:13 PM)jovan66102 Wrote: [ -> ]
(10-05-2009, 03:04 PM)Louis_Martin Wrote: [ -> ]How did he reproduce the pollens from the Holy Lands that were present on the shroud?  Or the three-dimensional nature of it?
But wow, those medieval people were crafty with their ovens and acid.
::)

Yeah, and someone with a time machine came to the late XIXth century and took back a camera so they'd understand the negative effect! :laughing:

This is actually the most compelling argument for the shroud IMHO.  The shroud is a negative, which didn't exist until photographic film.
(10-05-2009, 08:33 PM)WhollyRoaminCatholic Wrote: [ -> ]This is actually the most compelling argument for the shroud IMHO.  The shroud is a negative, which didn't exist until photographic film.
So can I quote you as going negative on the skepticism?
Right, that's it !!!  :o

I am lapsing and selling all my religious books on Amazon.co.uk

Does anyone know where I can buy a complete works of Richard Dawkins on the cheap???
(10-05-2009, 03:17 PM)BrevisVir55 Wrote: [ -> ]I thought everyone accepted that the carbon-dating was off because of a medieval fire and attempts at repair during that period?

Everyone???  Are you kidding me???

Most people are too busy watching soap operas to keep up with the news about religious artifacts.

Besides it is much more comfortable to believe it is a medieval fake.  Because if it is true and Christ was what he said he was and did rise from the dead then a lot of people are going to SERIOUSLY re-arrrange their living arrangments as well as stop lying in on Sundays.  If it is a fake, then it just supports their belief that the Catholic Church is a 2000 year old scam collecting money from lonely old widows.

For almost everyone those are the only reasons that the Shroud matters or ever did matter.  They'll believe anything provided it supports their lifestyle choice.
Regarding the carbon dating of the Shroud, I refer you to the information in the right-hand column of the Shroud of Turin Story Guide to the Facts website.
This always stupefies me how thse bright guys can be so dense. Part of my job was to predict failure and mode analysis, so while not being a scientist I have been to rodeo many times and rode the bull. The amount of detail needed to be taken into account is huge, and with my background I'd say nearly impossible to predict. In other words these guys are nuts, It is Jesus' Burial Cloth. period
tim
(10-06-2009, 11:03 AM)timoose Wrote: [ -> ]This always stupefies me how these bright guys can be so dense. Part of my job was to predict failure and mode analysis, so while not being a scientist I have been to rodeo many times and rode the bull. The amount of detail needed to be taken into account is huge, and with my background I'd say nearly impossible to predict. In other words these guys are nuts, It is Jesus' Burial Cloth. period
tim

It is amazing that the "fake" is of higher quality than the modern "reproduction." Of course, their painters were better with details, too. I guess modern culture just makes us accept "fuzzy" as the gold standard to defame what a hundred generations have accepted as true.
(10-06-2009, 07:32 AM)ggreg Wrote: [ -> ]Does anyone know where I can buy a complete works of Richard Dawkins on the cheap???

Yeah...at the Half Price Books clearance racks....less than a $1 a piece.

http://www.halfpricebooks.com/

Or you could go to half.com and get 80% off...pay a little more but the garbage gets shipped to you!!! no searching!

http://search.half.ebay.com/richard-dawkins_W0QQ

;D :o

Don't let facts get in the way of an agenda!
Pages: 1 2 3