FishEaters Traditional Catholic Forums

Full Version: Swine Flu Cases Overestimated?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Yeah, go ahead and get a dangerous experimental vaccine for an imaginary threat to your health.

Quote:If you've been diagnosed "probable" or "presumed"  2009 H1N1 or "swine flu"  in recent months, you may be surprised to know this: odds are you didn’t have H1N1 flu.

In fact, you probably didn’t have flu at all. That's according to state-by-state test results obtained in a three-month-long CBS News investigation.

Quote:With most cases diagnosed solely on symptoms and risk factors, the H1N1 flu epidemic may seem worse than it is. For example, on Sept. 22, this alarming headline came from Georgetown University in Washington D.C.: "H1N1 Flu Infects Over 250 Georgetown Students."

H1N1 flu can be deadly and an outbreak of 250 students would be an especially troubling cluster. However, the number of sick students came not from lab-confirmed tests but from "estimates" made by counting "students who went to the Student Health Center with flu symptoms, students who called the H1N1 hotline or the Health Center's doctor-on-call, and students who went to the hospital's emergency room."

Read the full article here: http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2009/10/2...4829.shtml
(10-21-2009, 10:59 PM)Underdog Wrote: [ -> ]Yeah, go ahead and get a dangerous experimental vaccine for an imaginary threat to your health.

Quote:If you've been diagnosed "probable" or "presumed"  2009 H1N1 or "swine flu"  in recent months, you may be surprised to know this: odds are you didn’t have H1N1 flu.

In fact, you probably didn’t have flu at all. That's according to state-by-state test results obtained in a three-month-long CBS News investigation.

Quote:With most cases diagnosed solely on symptoms and risk factors, the H1N1 flu epidemic may seem worse than it is. For example, on Sept. 22, this alarming headline came from Georgetown University in Washington D.C.: "H1N1 Flu Infects Over 250 Georgetown Students."

H1N1 flu can be deadly and an outbreak of 250 students would be an especially troubling cluster. However, the number of sick students came not from lab-confirmed tests but from "estimates" made by counting "students who went to the Student Health Center with flu symptoms, students who called the H1N1 hotline or the Health Center's doctor-on-call, and students who went to the hospital's emergency room."

Read the full article here: http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2009/10/2...4829.shtml

Yesterdays Fort Worth Startle Gram was in full on scare monger mode over the fact that Texas was next to last in getting flu shots per capita. The dunce of a reporter even quoted some nutter professor at Purdue that something like 75% of the population will get the pig flu by the end of the year.  :pazzo:

I'm at home so I check MSNBC during the day as they are an un-official organ of the party of death. Today they reported a survey which said 84% of Americans do not intend to get the vaccine. Well this caused much hand wringing and tears among the cognoscenti and they wondered aloud, if it was the evil conspiracy nutz at work. If this keeps up the Obamessiah may order us to get vaccinated.He loves us sooo much. Hm Hm Hm Barack Hussein Obama,
tim
I'm not getting that stupid vaccine.
Today on yahoo they had an article claiming that one out of every 5 children in the US has had swine flu already since the begining of September...  So, either they are lying or it is even more mild than the normal flu.
A buddy caught it a few weeks ago, and he, being the trooper that he is, drove on.  If it's as bad as the media says it is, he should be dead.  Considering that I just saw him a few hours ago, I would say they are wrong. 
I see that "The One" has declared the swine flu a national emergency - it makes me wonder what "the boss" has up his sleeve.
(10-24-2009, 09:12 PM)Cro-Doc Wrote: [ -> ]A buddy caught it a few weeks ago, and he, being the trooper that he is, drove on.  If it's as bad as the media says it is, he should be dead.  Considering that I just saw him a few hours ago, I would say they are wrong. 
I see that "The One" has declared the swine flu a national emergency - it makes me wonder what "the boss" has up his sleeve.

Between fisheaters and just all the people I know, it seems a lot have gotten the flu lately and I haven't heard of even one of them having to go to the hospital.
(10-24-2009, 09:25 PM)Walty Wrote: [ -> ]Between fisheaters and just all the people I know, it seems a lot have gotten the flu lately and I haven't heard of even one of them having to go to the hospital.

I haven't, either.  In my friend's case, we just gave him some DayQuil, to control the fever and the snot.  From what we had heard about it, we worried about possible pneumonia, but that didn't seem to materialize.
I've had quite a number of confirmed cases of H1N1 in my classroom.  It has been bad for the kids: fevers over 102, body aches, misery, exhaustion . . .  You name it, they've had it.  But, the thing that I notice is that I've had kids absent for as much as two weeks at a shot over the swine flu.  That's a lot of class time to miss . . .  I'm not sure it's just like the regular flu.  I think it's a more lingering variety.  But then again, I'm not a doctor and the parents of my students could be overreacting . . .
(10-25-2009, 05:00 AM)Fontevrault Wrote: [ -> ]I've had quite a number of confirmed cases of H1N1 in my classroom.  It has been bad for the kids: fevers over 102, body aches, misery, exhaustion . . .   You name it, they've had it.  But, the thing that I notice is that I've had kids absent for as much as two weeks at a shot over the swine flu.  That's a lot of class time to miss . . .   I'm not sure it's just like the regular flu.  I think it's a more lingering variety.  But then again, I'm not a doctor and the parents of my students could be overreacting . . .

Have their been any cases that seemed serious, however?  Or are they all returning and feeling better?
Pages: 1 2