FishEaters Traditional Catholic Forums

Full Version: Favorite Cheese and luncheon meats, etc
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5
We have had plenty of discussion on wines, beers, and other spirits as well as candy and peanut butter.  So what are some of your favorite cheeses and meats that you put on your bread and drink with beer or mead or wine. 

myself, I like my pastrami with melted swiss on toasted rye bread.  or a good virginia ham with muenster on a whole wheat roll. 
That's just crazy talk! Corned beef goes with melted swiss and (marbled) rye, as long as I have sauerkraut. If not it's ham, swiss, and 9-grain wheat bread with some spicy brown mustard but I have to have grandma's icicle sweet pickles on the side, that's even good on those little town house crackers. But if I have town house crackers maybe I'll want some of my bro's home made venison summer sausage with some really sharp cheddar. If I'm out of brown mustard I can always make a toasted ham, turkey and roast beef with the 9-grain bread and sliced american. (Can't help it, it melts better)
Dang, I need a snack now.  :)
If it's cheese, I'll eat it, eh? A couple of my favourites are ham and swiss on rye or pastrami and provolone on crusty Italian bread.
kim reminds me, I also like tinned corned beef (keep it in the fridge so it slices well) and sharp cheddar on whole wheat.
A buddy of mine keeps raving about "Jamón Ibérico" but he doesn't eat it with any bread.  Instead, he says he prefers a glass of wine. 
He's a bit of a nut, though.

Me, I'll eat whatever you put in front of me--Cave-manish, if you will.  A Reuben sounds really good, about now, as a previous poster mentioned, but I'm dying for some of my buddie's brats.

To answer the question, though, I prefer some spicy roast beef on wheat, with a little Dusseldorf style mustard.
mmm I was so tempted to buy some sharp cheddar today, maybe next  :)

I could go for a good reuben, I haven't had a good one for a many years.  It is hard to find a good deli where I live nowadays.
(10-24-2009, 09:13 PM)AntoniusMaximus Wrote: [ -> ]I could go for a good reuben, I haven't had a good one for a many years.  It is hard to find a good deli where I live nowadays.

Oh yeah! I'm on a life quest to find the best pub reuben in the world! :laughing:
(10-24-2009, 09:13 PM)AntoniusMaximus Wrote: [ -> ]I could go for a good reuben, I haven't had a good one for a many years.  It is hard to find a good deli where I live nowadays.

Make your own - that's what a friend does, although he likes to cook, so that works for him.  Maybe they don't have any good deli's in Arkansas.

I've got the sharp cheddar hook-up. I send a buddy in Wisconsin some of my grandma's dill pickles and he sends back cheese, mostly cheddar, but sometimes a brick of parmesan, as well. It goes in everything; I may be the only person in rural Arkansas who makes parmesan cornbread.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5