FishEaters Traditional Catholic Forums

Full Version: Archbishop ** Richard** Burke suspended for sexual abuse on a grand scale
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
There are plenty of people who don't pray, but they don't turn into pederasts and sexual predators.

I think the answer is more horrible than many faithful Catholics are prepared to accept.  The Roman Catholic church has LONG been accepting perverts and miscreants into the priesthood, and other religious vocations, because the liberal mindset of the admissions directors, teachers and overseers doesn't allow them to be realistic about this problem.  They feel they are being judgmental and harsh when in fact to any right thinking person they would just be being prudent and realistic.

You see this same willful ignorance/ stupidity on this site where people want to give Tony Blair or Ted Kennedy the benefit of the doubt.  The truth is Blair is an apostate and Ted Kennedy is burning in Hell for all eternity.  You can bet your house on that.

This view is strongly backed up by Randy Engel's book the Rite of Sodomy which even Stephen Hand (a conservative but not a traditionalist) had to admit was so well researched that he found it a dispressing inditment.  It took him years to come to that conclusion.

If it was only 200 out of 4000 I'd be less sad about it.  I reckon it is more like 30% who have profound perversions acted out during the years of their priesthood.  i.e.  It is much worse that most of you think it is.  And this is part of the reason why the Church today is so messed up.
Oh my!
Few words!!! Few words!!!!
Though I must admit I'm getting less and less suprised at these monstrosities and betrayals!
I dunno. Execution lads! I just can't think of any other way for child molesters bishops ewho child moleat need to be burned at the stake! I just can't fathom any other way!
Few words.
man, I thought it was the good Archbishop Burke as well there for a second...terrible situation...I don't have much anger left for these types of things I'm afraid, they happen so often now...
The John Jay report  (2002)

http://www.usccb.org/nrb/johnjaystudy/

quite clearly showed, that

- the abuses by priest where far less by number than either the abuses by the overall adult population, or the abuses by the youth leaders / teachers etc. Also clearly shows, that beginning the 1980's the Church was careful about the abuses, to remove the abusers from access to underage person, still the media (apparently with the help of trad people)  since 2002 made and makes a concentrated attacj pointed exclusively against the Catholic Church.

What you probably do not know that under the Canon Law until 1983 clerics were exempt from the jurisdiction of civil courts (and this was over 1600 years old tradition), and what you probably do not take into account that the statutory rape under age 18 is a US specialty, almost everywhere else it is 12 or 14 years.

The priests will be no better if you denounce them in choir, but

Matthew 15:11 what cometh out of the mouth, this defileth a man.

(10-27-2009, 08:57 AM)ggreg Wrote: [ -> ]There are plenty of people who don't pray, but they don't turn into pederasts and sexual predators.

I think the answer is more horrible than many faithful Catholics are prepared to accept.  The Roman Catholic church has LONG been accepting perverts and miscreants into the priesthood, and other religious vocations, because the liberal mindset of the admissions directors, teachers and overseers doesn't allow them to be realistic about this problem.  They feel they are being judgmental and harsh when in fact to any right thinking person they would just be being prudent and realistic.

You see this same willful ignorance/ stupidity on this site where people want to give Tony Blair or Ted Kennedy the benefit of the doubt.  The truth is Blair is an apostate and Ted Kennedy is burning in Hell for all eternity.  You can bet your house on that.

This view is strongly backed up by Randy Engel's book the Rite of Sodomy which even Stephen Hand (a conservative but not a traditionalist) had to admit was so well researched that he found it a dispressing inditment.  It took him years to come to that conclusion.

If it was only 200 out of 4000 I'd be less sad about it.  I reckon it is more like 30% who have profound perversions acted out during the years of their priesthood.  i.e.  It is much worse that most of you think it is.  And this is part of the reason why the Church today is so messed up.
Sad, but I am glad that in fact its not ArchBishop Raymond Leo Burke, whom I just found pictures of him celebrating a TLM at St. Peters.

http://picasaweb.google.com/OW1890/091018SanPietro#
glgas Wrote:- God shines his sun on good and evil, and He explicitly commanded us not to judge others http://www.drbo.org/cgi-bin/s?t=2&q=judge&b=drb Is the New testament crap?

God explicitly commands us to judge.

"Judge not according to the appearance, but judge just judgment." - John 7:24

However, we are to do so in accord with justice and the Law of our Lord and His Church to which we must submit ourselves to as well.

"For with what judgment you judge, you shall be judged: and with what measure you mete, it shall be measured to you again." - Matt. 7:2

To judge is a necessary and essential activity that man must constantly employ for the salvation of his soul. Individuals must make judgments on any given situation to determine its morality and its accordance with the law of God and His Church. Individuals must also make judgments on other individuals so as to avoid danger and occasions to sin. This is especially true of parents who are entrusted with both the spiritual and temporal well-being of their children. In addition, our Lord has even granted to lawfully deputed servants of the state to render judgment concerning life and death (i.e. capitol punishment).

Our Lord's words of which you make use of have been warped by our culture into nothing more than moral relativism. You and countless others fallaciously equate criticism with "judgmentalism". The Angelic Doctor states:

"To correct the wrongdoer is a spiritual almsdeed. But almsdeeds are works of charity, as stated above (Question 32, Article 1). Therefore fraternal correction is an act of charity."

Don't drink the Kool-Aid, Glgas. Learn what the Church teaches and not what her enemies from without or spineless members from within claim she teaches.

In Corde Regis,
Joshua
(10-27-2009, 08:10 AM)maso Wrote: [ -> ]The main reason these guys are tempted beyond their strength is that they no longer pray, or they don't pray enough.
The Church has lost the confidence in the prayer's usefulness.
This began when Paul VI decide to cancel the end of mass prayer to St Michael the Archangel.
St Michael, a gentleman, decided to withdraw since even the Pope himself believed the Church could do without him.
Another rotten fruit of the council.

"another rotten fruit of the council" You mean dropping the prayer or Paul VI himself? Because either works.
(10-27-2009, 06:02 AM)glgas Wrote: [ -> ]- something else

So what is the reason to bring the trash to the middle of the room?

I can only speak for my reasons. I post these things because I believe people have a right to know. As a Catholic I think we have a duty to know.

It's important to know who these people are. When I read this stuff, I start Googling. I find out more about them. Things they've said, where they went to seminary. Who made them a bishop, etc. etc.

Doing this is incredibly interesting, as I've found that these bastards tend to come from the same few hornets nests, and associate with one another. Quite interesting these 'birds of a feather'.

I've no idea if anyone else uses this information in the same manner I do.
(10-27-2009, 11:42 PM)Iuvenalis Wrote: [ -> ]
(10-27-2009, 06:02 AM)glgas Wrote: [ -> ]- something else

So what is the reason to bring the trash to the middle of the room?

I can only speak for my reasons. I post these things because I believe people have a right to know. As a Catholic I think we have a duty to know.

Hear Hear!

I think too many people want this sex abuse crisis to just disapear as if it never happened and ignore it. Just because the Pope made a few apologies doesnt mean its time to forgive and forget we lait are still waiting for action from the Pope on down. These pervert child molesters need to be called out. One can only wish we lived in a more civil age when they would have been executed.
(10-27-2009, 06:02 AM)glgas Wrote: [ -> ]that there are others who are worse than us

Despite my many sins I have never sodomized a little boy or molested a girl something most of our Priests and as it turns out many of our Bishops cant say.
Pages: 1 2 3