FishEaters Traditional Catholic Forums

Full Version: Archbishop ** Richard** Burke suspended for sexual abuse on a grand scale
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
(10-28-2009, 12:00 AM)Baskerville Wrote: [ -> ]
(10-27-2009, 06:02 AM)glgas Wrote: [ -> ]that there are others who are worse than us

Despite my many sins I have never sodomized a little boy or molested a girl something most of our Priests ... cant say.

Most or our priests  ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ???
(10-28-2009, 12:52 AM)moneil Wrote: [ -> ]
(10-27-2009, 06:02 AM)glgas Wrote: [ -> ]that there are others who are worse than us

Despite my many sins I have never sodomized a little boy or molested a girl something most of our Priests ... cant say.

Most or our priests  ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ???

Novus Ordo yes. Read Randy Engells book The Rite of Sodomy. Perhaps I should have changed that to most of our Priest NO have engaged in some kind of perversion.
(10-28-2009, 01:01 AM)Baskerville Wrote: [ -> ]
(10-28-2009, 12:52 AM)moneil Wrote: [ -> ]

Novus Ordo yes. Read Randy Engells book The Rite of Sodomy. Perhaps I should have changed that to most of our Priest NO have engaged in some kind of perversion.

I would perhaps find it that book an interesting read someday, as I see it referred to on occasion.  However, before I do, I think I would find it more spiritually beneficial to read the Bible and Summa cover to cover , and probable more beneficial to my salvation, rather than paying $64.00 for the book ~ in paperback (or $63.00 at Amazon) to donate that sum to the St. Vincent DePaul Society.

However, as interesting a read as it might be, I haven’t been able to find any information about the book , or the author (after making some considerable effort to do so), to indicate that it is a product of peer reviewed scholarly research. There is factual data available though, from reputable sources, if one is willing to consider truth, rather than just one’s preconceived notions.  A small sampling would be:

http://www.americancatholic.org/news/clergysexabuse/johnjaycns.asp
http://www.the-tidings.com/2007/abuse/abuse15.pdf
http://www.religioustolerance.org/clergy_sex8.htm

The second citation contains the often overlooked FACT that Myth: The abuse is a result of the seminary training after the Second Vatican Council (1963-65). Fact: Almost 70 percent of the abusive priests were ordained before 1970, after attending pre-Vatican II seminaries or seminaries that had had little time to adapt to the reforms of Vatican II..

Nobody here, that I have noticed, has argued that there hasn’t been, or aren’t, serious problems in the Church, least of all myself.  That being said, a statement that … most of our Priest NO have engaged in some kind of perversion. is absurd, untrue (and well documented that it is an absolute lie), and, IMHO, a sacrilege against the Priesthood instituted by Our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ.

If such a statement had been uttered during the time of St. Thomas More (when where was plenty of well documented sexual misconduct by the clergy), it could very well have gotten one denounced before the Inquisition, with the suitable consequence.

I do respect and understand the referenced poster’s concern about this issue, which I share, and the harm that has been done by clerical misconduct.  However, one thing any good Catholic should be concerned about is THE TRUTH, on this, or any issue, and that has not always been well presented in these discussions.
How true. Will I'm no apologist for the NOm I have known personally as close friends NO priests and tghey certainly were no child molesters. Its all so very horrible what molesters do to kids. Surely its eaither demonic or mental illness. Being a father I have a hard time understanding the vile and desgusting crime!!!
We must pray for kids!!
(10-28-2009, 12:00 AM)Baskerville Wrote: [ -> ]Despite my many sins I have never sodomized a little boy or molested a girl something most of our Priests and as it turns out many of our Bishops cant say.

I would not be so sure, that our Lord considers a molestation from concupiscence worse, then an unfounded judgment against most of His priests, which serves no other reason than weaken the Church. Your statement about the a majority of priest is definitely dirty ...bolshevist type calumniation, what decent people should abhor. Are you paid for it?
(10-27-2009, 11:11 PM)Baskerville Wrote: [ -> ]
(10-27-2009, 08:10 AM)maso Wrote: [ -> ]The main reason these guys are tempted beyond their strength is that they no longer pray, or they don't pray enough.
The Church has lost the confidence in the prayer's usefulness.
This began when Paul VI decide to cancel the end of mass prayer to St Michael the Archangel.
St Michael, a gentleman, decided to withdraw since even the Pope himself believed the Church could do without him.
Another rotten fruit of the council.

"another rotten fruit of the council" You mean dropping the prayer or Paul VI himself? Because either works.

I guess that  the end of mass prayer to St Michael was supressed by the liturgical reform of Mgr Bugnini. In that it is a rotten fruit of the council, although not directly.
The main problem is why was it cancelled? Given that Bugnini was a notorious mason, he knew first hand that this prayer had a very negative impact on the masonic agenda.
Why did Pope Paul VI agreed in this cancellation?
I have my opinion on that issue, but I prefer not to say it aloud since it isn't at all politically correct. For those who are interested in the matter I recommend them to read Fr Luigi Villa's book "Paul VI beatified?"
Enough is to say that the times being's Church's ordeals have their origin in two bad popes John XXIII and Paul VI.
I recommend too the reading of this article of Th. Doroleskey "UNDERSTANDING A CESSPOOL OF CORRUPTION"/

http://www.rcf.org/docs/droleskeyriteofsodomy.htm
St Basil of Cesarea's (4th century) comments about homosexuality among clerics:

"The cleric or monk who molests youths or boys or is caught kissing or committing some turpitude, let him be whipped in public, deprived of his crown (tonsure) and, after having his head shaved, let his face be covered with spittle; and [let him be] bound in chains, condemned to six months in prison...after which let him live in a separate cell under the custody of a wise elder with great spiritual experience...let him be subject to prayers, vigils, and manual work always under the guard of two spiritual brothers, without being allowed to have any relationship ... with young people."

One may dream that Pope JPII ever read St Basil and implemented his recommendations...
Pages: 1 2 3