FishEaters Traditional Catholic Forums

Full Version: Archbishop ** Richard** Burke suspended for sexual abuse on a grand scale
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
This guy's a piece of work. Molests a girl completely out of it with fever, rekindles a relationship with her when she's married, and pregnant with her second child, then goes after her younger sister, and...Oh man, where to begin..(anyone feel like pasting the whole thing in for posterity feel free. Article like this tend to disappear into the ether over time, except at FE!)

From: http://www.irishcentral.com/news/Irish-A...36162.html

http://www.irishcentral.com/news/Irish-A...tml?page=2

Not the whole article:
Quote:"In 1998 Bishop Burke and I began regular communications by phone again. In 2000 while I was expecting my second child, Bishop Burke said that he would help get my youngest sister to come to Canada for a visit.

"I suspected that there was something not right when things did not work out and Bishop Burke began to take a keen interest in my youngest sister's well being. Once again, our relationship intensified with frequent amorous telephone conversations.

"In 2005 I found out that Bishop Burke had had a sexual relationship with my youngest sister.

The “friendship” between Bishop Burke and myself began to deteriorate as, once again, I started to become aware of other young girls that he was molesting.
I nearly had a heart attack until I realized this is NOT Archbishop Raymond Burke, former Archbishop of St. Louis and Prefect of the Apostolic Signatura; this is a completely different Archbishop Richard Burke.

It is terrible when these things happen, absolutely horrible, but I confess my first thought was "please God, not one of the ones that seem relatively good for the Church!"

Richard Burke is the culprit here, and I think the title of this topic should be edited with his first name lest anyone else be confused. 
Yes, PLEASE edit the thread title. I was about to shit bricks until I realized this wasn't the same Burke as the stalwart defender of the TLM that we all know and love.
I just about spit out my sherry when I saw this. Good lord I thought it was Raymond Burke. Anyway as I've said before send him to Poland so he can be forcibly castrated.
Happy now? Glad you're paying attention tho'
Eeesh ... I echo the other comments in saying that you, luvenalis, could have been responsible for a collective bowel evacuation here on FE. Thanks for the clarification. Regardless, this is a great scandal for Holy Mother Church and yet another reflection of the great crisis she finds herself in.

In Corde Regis,
Joshua

There are about 4000 Catholic bishops in the Earth. Out of that 200 is lives saintly life, 200 lives like servant of the Adversary, the rest is in between.

What could be the rational reason in an allegedly Catholic group to soend significant time on the sins  of the lowly priests and bishops?

Here are some possibilities:

- the Church is evil (as the mainstream media considers it) and we should do everything to show the evilness of the Church

- we are full with immorality, and we need assurance for our self esteem, that there are others who are worse than us

- we are like God, our word is creative, so if we condemn it, the evil will disappear

- something else

So what is the reason to bring the trash to the middle of the room?
I think this is sick and will pray that this man is changed. As a father I pray that God would give me the strength not to swear and scream :pray:
(10-27-2009, 06:02 AM)glgas Wrote: [ -> ]There are about 4000 Catholic bishops in the Earth. Out of that 200 is lives saintly life, 200 lives like servant of the Adversary, the rest is in between.
What could be the rational reason in an allegedly Catholic group to soend significant time on the sins  of the lowly priests and bishops?
- the Church is evil (as the mainstream media considers it) and we should do everything to show the evilness of the Church
- we are full with immorality, and we need assurance for our self esteem, that there are others who are worse than us
- we are like God, our word is creative, so if we condemn it, the evil will disappear
- something else
Everytime I read one of your posts I just have to shake my head, I MEAN REALLY ??? Do you believe this crap or are you just an antagonist? If a bishop is molesting multiple young girls the laity should know and demand the Vatican do something about it (as they have here I guess). I think this "'trash' should be brought to the middle of the room" so we can all remember that our hierarchy is human and in DESPERATE need of our prayers, although some of them think we're too stupid to understand big words (but that's another thread).
The main reason these guys are tempted beyond their strength is that they no longer pray, or they don't pray enough.
The Church has lost the confidence in the prayer's usefulness.
This began when Paul VI decide to cancel the end of mass prayer to St Michael the Archangel.
St Michael, a gentleman, decided to withdraw since even the Pope himself believed the Church could do without him.
Another rotten fruit of the council.
I strictly believe that

- God shines his sun on good and evil, and He explicitly commanded us not to judge others http://www.drbo.org/cgi-bin/s?t=2&q=judge&b=drb Is the New testament crap?

- consequently if some is close to you, and he/she is danger to you or to your family, you have moral obligation first to talk with him personally, then talk to him with two three fellow Catholic person, and if he do not changes than to report to the proper (civil and / or Ecclesiatical) authorities. Is Matt 18 crap?

Pray for this bishop or any other good or bad members of the Churchm but do not step to the place of our Lord, and do not denounce him. If your message will be: "I, , spent the spent the night on my knees praying for him, this could be acceptable, but even so may be to pray for the whole Church would be more effective.

Simply denounce someone who is not present is irresponsible.

(10-27-2009, 07:45 AM)RalphKramden Wrote: [ -> ]I think this is sick and will pray that this man is changed. As a father I pray that God would give me the strength not to swear and scream :pray:
(10-27-2009, 06:02 AM)glgas Wrote: [ -> ]There are about 4000 Catholic bishops in the Earth. Out of that 200 is lives saintly life, 200 lives like servant of the Adversary, the rest is in between.
- something else
Everytime I read one of your posts I just have to shake my head, I MEAN REALLY ??? Do you believe this crap or are you just an antagonist? If a bishop is molesting multiple young girls the laity should know and demand the Vatican do something about it (as they have here I guess). I think this "'trash' should be brought to the middle of the room" so we can all remember that our hierarchy is human and in DESPERATE need of our prayers, although some of them think we're too stupid to understand big words (but that's another thread).
Pages: 1 2 3