FishEaters Traditional Catholic Forums

Full Version: Very sumptuous TLM video
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Found this on youtube. They totally went all out with full orchestra and so many priests.

The amount of resources and effort that went into this would never have been possible or even dreamed of before the Motu Proprio. It's nice to see how things are slowly getting better~

Enjoy!

This is part 1 of 5 parts.
winoblue1 Wrote:Found this on youtube. They totally went all out with full orchestra and so many priests.
Oh no! Said it ain't so. Our glorious Patron, Pope St. Pius X, would be horrified. Orchestra Masses are from the devil as far as I'm concerned.
(10-27-2009, 04:31 AM)GodFirst Wrote: [ -> ]Oh no! Said it ain't so. Our glorious Patron, Pope St. Pius X, would be horrified. Orchestra Masses are from the devil as far as I'm concerned.

I was about to make a comment about the orchestra thing, but decided not to. Now you had to come along and stir the hornet's nest.
(10-27-2009, 04:31 AM)GodFirst Wrote: [ -> ]
winoblue1 Wrote:Found this on youtube. They totally went all out with full orchestra and so many priests.
Oh no! Said it ain't so. Our glorious Patron, Pope St. Pius X, would be horrified. Orchestra Masses are from the devil as far as I'm concerned.

Perhaps if it became a regular thing, but for such a special occasion, specifically the celebration of a document ultimately promoting tradition and reverence,  I think we can let the excess pomp slide this time.
SoleRedemption Wrote:Perhaps if it became a regular thing, but for such a special occasion, specifically the celebration of a document ultimately promoting tradition and reverence,  I think we can let the excess pomp slide this time.
Even if they are the Satan's pomp?
Really though, they just aren't my cup of tea, gents, whether they're right or wrong.
(10-27-2009, 05:36 AM)GodFirst Wrote: [ -> ]
SoleRedemption Wrote:Perhaps if it became a regular thing, but for such a special occasion, specifically the celebration of a document ultimately promoting tradition and reverence,  I think we can let the excess pomp slide this time.

I'm not the biggest fan of orchestral Masses, but "Satan's pomp"? Are you joking or ... ?

In Corde Regis,
Joshua
(10-27-2009, 05:44 AM)Joshua Wrote: [ -> ]

I'm not the biggest fan of orchestral Masses, but "Satan's pomp"? Are you joking or ... ?

In Corde Regis,
Joshua
Perhaps he prefers electric guitars and tambourines?
Thanks for posting this link to YOUTUBE. I watched all 10 of the videos. Brought back many wonderful memories
from back in the day.
(10-27-2009, 03:46 PM)DarkKnight Wrote: [ -> ]
(10-27-2009, 05:44 AM)Joshua Wrote: [ -> ]

In Corde Regis,
Joshua
Perhaps he prefers electric guitars and tambourines?

Well sure ... but since when have those instruments been utilized in baroque-era orchestral masses? ... Relevancy?

In Corde Regis,
Joshua

Pages: 1 2