FishEaters Traditional Catholic Forums

Full Version: The Harry Potter Debate
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11
(11-03-2009, 05:58 PM)Rosarium Wrote: [ -> ]
(11-03-2009, 05:47 PM)piabee Wrote: [ -> ]IdeaPad U350 - 296323U. She had a coupon so it was a pretty good deal.

Nice. Has Intel wireless too.

When she gets it, I'll give you $50 to swipe it for me. If she reads this, then this is just a joke.

Do I get a commission? It was my coupon. I'm her technical advisor.

EDIT: nvm, I had a temporary brain disconnect when I wrote that. ^
Beautifully done, gentlemen.  I cringed when I saw the name of the topic, but now I see it's turned into something useful thanks to your masterful...
[Image: thread-hijack.jpg]
(11-03-2009, 06:03 PM)piabee Wrote: [ -> ]
(11-03-2009, 05:47 PM)piabee Wrote: [ -> ]IdeaPad U350 - 296323U. She had a coupon so it was a pretty good deal.

When she gets it, I'll give you $50 to swipe it for me. If she reads this, then this is just a joke.

Suddenly realizing that having it shipped to the family house instead of my place was a big mistake...
(11-03-2009, 06:59 PM)Iolanthe Wrote: [ -> ]
(11-03-2009, 06:03 PM)piabee Wrote: [ -> ]

Suddenly realizing that having it shipped to the family house instead of my place was a big mistake...
Well, like I said, laptops are horrible investments. One should always be prepared for them...disappearing.

Anyway, if you are able to retain it (:)), then congratulations on your new computer! May it serve you faithfully and without Windows.

Thank you  :) I'm really excited about it, actually. I didn't have as many disasters with my HP as Piabee did, but it started having some problems and I found out the hard drive, which was super-teeny-tiny, was almost full, so it was time to upgrade. I will be using Windows though, since I'm way too computer illiterate to attempt anything else, including getting a Mac, which I considered in a brief moment of desperation.
(11-03-2009, 06:59 PM)Iolanthe Wrote: [ -> ]

The cat's out of the bag. Come see my new curtains.

edit: This is aimed at Iolanthe, in re our previously unstated kinship.
This is one of the most remarkably hijacked threads I've ever experienced!  Well done!

I've had issues with my HP laptop.  Primarily related to overheating.  I'm on motherboard #2, and the hard drive is still trying to crash.  I know it's a bad read head (bad sectors show up frequently, sometimes accompanied by an audible "bad" sound from the hd), but they refused to replace.  Instead, they reformatted.  Now, could someone please explain how reformatting the hard drive repairs a bad read head???  :laughing:
(11-07-2009, 09:27 PM)PatrickTorsell Wrote: [ -> ]This is one of the most remarkably hijacked threads I've ever experienced!  Well done!

I've had issues with my HP laptop.  Primarily related to overheating.  I'm on motherboard #2, and the hard drive is still trying to crash.  I know it's a bad read head (bad sectors show up frequently, sometimes accompanied by an audible "bad" sound from the hd), but they refused to replace.  Instead, they reformatted.  Now, could someone please explain how reformatting the hard drive repairs a bad read head???  :laughing:

Why don't you get another hard drive?

(11-07-2009, 09:28 PM)Rosarium Wrote: [ -> ]
(11-07-2009, 09:27 PM)PatrickTorsell Wrote: [ -> ]This is one of the most remarkably hijacked threads I've ever experienced!  Well done!

Why don't you get another hard drive?

It was under warranty when I sent it in for a hard drive replacement.  But as I said... I ended up with a reformatted hard drive instead!

It's not my primary machine, and no important data resides on the drive.  I basically just keep it for travel.  I've been able to repair the bad sectors and keep on working.  A new 2.5" laptop drive would probably cost more than the machine is worth at this point.
If anyone wants to sell or change old hardware...I can probably make a deal.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11