FishEaters Traditional Catholic Forums

Full Version: Live Stream of Daily Traditional Latin Mass
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
Christ the King Catholic Church, the FSSP Apostolate in Florida, provides a live stream of their daily Mass on their website.  While this does not fulfill your Sunday obligation, it can serve as a means to unite yourself to a Mass being offered if you are unable to attend because of health or distance.  Visit www.ChristTheKingSarasota.org and click on “Video Stream” for details.
Saint Gertrude the Great in West Chester, Ohio also broadcasts some of their Masses.  They can be found at http://www.sgg.org

Joe
wonderful! thanks for posting +1
Thanks for sharing this!
(11-05-2009, 09:50 PM)joe17 Wrote: [ -> ]Saint Gertrude the Great in West Chester, Ohio also broadcasts some of their Masses.  They can be found at http://www.sgg.org

Joe
thank you also
Maybe a dumb question, but I started watching one of the previously taped Sunday High Masses.  At the beginning and entrance of mass a song is sung by the laity in English.  What's up with that?
I sometimes wish I still lived in Florida.  I used to live about 15 miles away from that address.
(11-05-2009, 10:42 PM)Walty Wrote: [ -> ]Maybe a dumb question, but I started watching one of the previously taped Sunday High Masses.  At the beginning and entrance of mass a song is sung by the laity in English.  What's up with that?

Nothing. It is a perfectly acceptable practice. The processional and recessional are not a part of the Mass. Only hymns sung during a high Mass itself must be in Latin. Also, vernacular hymns may be sung during a low Mass.
(11-05-2009, 11:09 PM)OldMan Wrote: [ -> ]
(11-05-2009, 10:42 PM)Walty Wrote: [ -> ]Maybe a dumb question, but I started watching one of the previously taped Sunday High Masses.  At the beginning and entrance of mass a song is sung by the laity in English.  What's up with that?

Nothing. It is a perfectly acceptable practice. The processional and recessional are not a part of the Mass. Only hymns sung during a high Mass itself must be in Latin. Also, vernacular hymns may be sung during a low Mass.

Huh.  Never knew that.  I'm only familiar with the ICK and a diocesan TLM so I only have limited knowledge.  Does the SSPX ever do the processional or recessional hymns in the vernacular?
(11-05-2009, 11:14 PM)Walty Wrote: [ -> ]
(11-05-2009, 11:09 PM)OldMan Wrote: [ -> ]

Huh.  Never knew that.  I'm only familiar with the ICK and a diocesan TLM so I only have limited knowledge.  Does the SSPX ever do the processional or recessional hymns in the vernacular?

We sang a song in English once but I can't remember if it was really after Mass or not.
Pages: 1 2 3