FishEaters Traditional Catholic Forums

Full Version: Holiday Cookies
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5
I feel barbaric just going to the store and buying a package of cookies after reading this.
(11-08-2009, 07:10 PM)Rosarium Wrote: [ -> ]I feel barbaric just going to the store and buying a package of cookies after reading this.

:o :o :o :o

It is Illegal and just plain wrong to have store bought Christmas Cookies..  We'll have to sign you up for our cookie exchange so you get some of the home made variety. ;D ;D
(11-10-2009, 08:58 PM)Joamy Wrote: [ -> ]
(11-08-2009, 07:10 PM)Rosarium Wrote: [ -> ]I feel barbaric just going to the store and buying a package of cookies after reading this.

:o :o :o :o

It is Illegal and just plain wrong to have store bought Christmas Cookies..  We'll have to sign you up for our cookie exchange so you get some of the home made variety. ;D ;D

My address is known :) If anyone sends me cookies...let me know when they will be arriving.

However, my crime is worse than you think. I am not thinking of Christmas cookies. I'm talking about chocolate chip cookies in a plastic try with a blue wrapper.

(11-10-2009, 11:33 PM)Rosarium Wrote: [ -> ]My address is known :) If anyone sends me cookies...let me know when they will be arriving.

However, my crime is worse than you think. I am not thinking of Christmas cookies. I'm talking about chocolate chip cookies in a plastic try with a blue wrapper.

Baked goods often contain eggs or milk.  Is that something to be concerned about?  I probably won't send you any cookies.  Just wondering.

And what is your opinion on honey?  I understand that Vegans deliberate on honey a lot.
(11-11-2009, 12:59 PM)WhollyRoaminCatholic Wrote: [ -> ]
(11-10-2009, 11:33 PM)Rosarium Wrote: [ -> ]My address is known :) If anyone sends me cookies...let me know when they will be arriving.

Baked goods often contain eggs or milk.  Is that something to be concerned about?  I probably won't send you any cookies.  Just wondering.

And what is your opinion on honey?  I understand that Vegans deliberate on honey a lot.

If I make Christmas cookies this year, I'll be sure to whip up an extra batch for Rosarium (and follow the procedure about notification).  Normally there's dark chocolate chunks, walnuts, and fresh cranberries in them so you get a crunchy/sweet/sour experience.   

Honey is nasty.  It comes out of insects. 
Mmmmm... insects... aaahhgggahhhhhghghgh
(11-11-2009, 12:59 PM)WhollyRoaminCatholic Wrote: [ -> ]Baked goods often contain eggs or milk.  Is that something to be concerned about?  I probably won't send you any cookies.  Just wondering.
It is not something I'd regularly eat. My blog explains my vegan stance, http://nonpeccabis.blogspot.com/2009/06/...-kind.html

I do, on occasion, eat things which contain a little milk or eggs. Due to my life style, such things do not agree with me, even if I wanted to eat them (I probably would build up tolerance if I did it a lot though).

I'd have no problems with grabbing a cookie at a family function :)

Quote:And what is your opinion on honey?  I understand that Vegans deliberate on honey a lot.
Honey is great. My reasons for being a vegan are accidental. It isn't a mindless obsession with me (for example, I fully support hunters because that is way more natural and healthy than store bought carnage).

Honey is made by bees. It contains their spit and flower products. Honey is healthy, renewable and tasty. While it is hard to harvest honey without "hurting" a bee, that is hardly a concern. They (the bees) manage the routine loss of honey without any harm. Ingesting the spit of bees is also not a violation of my lifestyle. Neither is drinking milk or eating unfertilised eggs, but I do not think that is healthy or natural in the modern sense.
(11-11-2009, 01:52 PM)Magnificat Wrote: [ -> ]If I make Christmas cookies this year, I'll be sure to whip up an extra batch for Rosarium (and follow the procedure about notification).  Normally there's dark chocolate chunks, walnuts, and fresh cranberries in them so you get a crunchy/sweet/sour experience.   
That would be very kind.

I didn't think anyone would seriously think about sending me cookies, but if anyone does, I'll try to compensate for them in a suitable way (money, prayer, rosary, 5 minutes of praise, etc).

Quote:Honey is nasty.  It comes out of insects. 
Why is that nasty?

Matthew 3:4 Wrote:And the same John had his garment of camels' hair, and a leathern girdle about his loins: and his meat was locusts and wild honey.
This thread is seriously making me really hungry.
Walty -

a swedish fish - filled poptart.

... decorated with little candy pumpkins.

:w2go:

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5