FishEaters Traditional Catholic Forums

Full Version: Holiday Cookies
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5
(11-11-2009, 10:50 PM)libby Wrote: [ -> ]Walty -

a swedish fish - filled poptart.

... decorated with little candy pumpkins.

:w2go:

oh man -just had a vision of a lutefisk filled poptart.   :o :o :o
(11-11-2009, 08:43 PM)Rosarium Wrote: [ -> ]
Quote:Honey is nasty.  It comes out of insects. 
Why is that nasty?

Matthew 3:4 Wrote:And the same John had his garment of camels' hair, and a leathern girdle about his loins: and his meat was locusts and wild honey.

But boys like to eat bugs. Have you not seen Man vs Wild?!

No, seriously, when our Girl Scout troop went camping and we were sitting in the sweltering heat in the woods swatting mosquitos, the nun who came along told us about John The Baptist in the most vivid terms - she wasn't into holy card depictions of Saints.  We had to imagine in detail what his daily life was like - how he survived in order to do God's work .  That's the first time I really understood the difference between Saints and the rest of us;  it was a major breakthrough. 

Have you tried the gingerbread pop-tart... OMGoodness is that yummy. I'm just saying!
(11-12-2009, 09:36 AM)Joamy Wrote: [ -> ]

oh man -just had a vision of a lutefisk filled poptart.   :o :o :o
I'd suggest calling an exorcist on that one. That can't be a good "sign."

BTW, can I ask "Why are we calling them 'Holiday Cookies' on a Trad Catholic board?" Can't we come out of the closet and call them "Christmas Cookies?"
because they are holiday cookies -

Thanksgiving, St. Nicolas, Sta. Lucia, etc...

:)
Does anyone know what a cream cheese cookie is or how to make them?

There was a bakery that sold them when I was a kid and it was my favorite food ever.  Ever.  I haven't had one in probably 15 years.
I can't find a picture of one but they looked kind of just like a round cutout cookie with a chocolate frosting on top. Inside there was really amazing, more liquidy cream cheese that maybe almost had a yellow tint to it?
(11-12-2009, 11:56 AM)Magnificat Wrote: [ -> ]No, seriously, when our Girl Scout troop went camping and we were sitting in the sweltering heat in the woods swatting mosquitos, the nun who came along told us about John The Baptist in the most vivid terms - she wasn't into holy card depictions of Saints.   We had to imagine in detail what his daily life was like - how he survived in order to do God's work .  That's the first time I really understood the difference between Saints and the rest of us;  it was a major breakthrough.   

Actually, honey and locusts would be pretty good. I imagine locusts taste pretty good. I know honey does.

I think Cambodians go too far though:

[Image: 180px-Fried_spiders_Skuon_Cambodia.jpg]

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Fried_...mbodia.jpg

(11-12-2009, 06:08 PM)Walty Wrote: [ -> ]Does anyone know what a cream cheese cookie is or how to make them?

There was a bakery that sold them when I was a kid and it was my favorite food ever.  Ever.  I haven't had one in probably 15 years.
I can't find a picture of one but they looked kind of just like a round cutout cookie with a chocolate frosting on top. Inside there was really amazing, more liquidy cream cheese that maybe almost had a yellow tint to it?

send me your address - make it a PO Box so you can sleep at night  ::) - and I'll send you some.

(11-12-2009, 06:36 PM)libby Wrote: [ -> ]
(11-12-2009, 06:08 PM)Walty Wrote: [ -> ]Does anyone know what a cream cheese cookie is or how to make them?

send me your address - make it a PO Box so you can sleep at night  ::) - and I'll send you some.

Oh, Libby that would be so kind of you, but you really don't have to.  I didn't mean to be hinting for someone to make some for me.

Haha... and I don't get the PO box thing.  Either I'm super dense or nothing you say makes sense.  (Rhyme)
(11-12-2009, 06:39 PM)Walty Wrote: [ -> ]Oh, Libby that would be so kind of you, but you really don't have to.  I didn't mean to be hinting for someone to make some for me.
Why not? Take advantage of others because they'd do the same to you. Of course, you could be playing the "Oh, I didn't mean it" card so you can lower their defenses, and if you are, I apologise for interfering.

Quote:Haha... and I don't get the PO box thing.  Either I'm super dense or nothing you say makes sense.  (Rhyme)
So she can't stalk you. :)
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5