FishEaters Traditional Catholic Forums

Full Version: Vatican astronomer says if aliens exist, they may not need redemption
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11
Horizon documentary about "Life on Mars"

http://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/b00...zon_Guide/

You can only watch if you are in the UK I believe.  You might also be able to find it on other places on the internet.
I believe there is a divine wisdom in God that gave us the Bible and not The Hitchhikers' Guide to the Galaxy

There is enough to battle with humans and earthbound demons, I don't need to go looking for a more exotic brand of trouble. :tinfoilhat:
Basically the documentary said that despite billions of dollars spent there was absoloutely no evidence of life on Mars.

But they'd keep on looking for it anyway.
(11-17-2009, 06:50 PM)ggreg Wrote: [ -> ]Basically the documentary said that despite billions of dollars spent there was absoloutely no evidence of life on Mars.

But they'd keep on looking for it anyway.

"The truth is out there."

:pazzo:
I'm reminded of Poul Anderson's story "High Crusade".  English Knights and Priests from the 12th century steal a spaceship that came to destroy their village, and end up conquering and converting all the Galaxy to Catholicism.  Great read. :-)

I have a Sci Fi story I want to write, and I do want to explore the issue of whether the alien races need redemption, and also, how the aliens in their own faith view the Catholics of Earth.  I haven't figured out all the details yet, but definitely no stain of liberalism there.  That's my intent at least!

Dominus tecum
(11-17-2009, 08:40 PM)Matusleo Wrote: [ -> ], and I do want to explore the issue of whether the alien races need redemption, and also, how the aliens in their own faith view the Catholics of Earth. 
Dominus tecum

What aliens?
(11-17-2009, 08:40 PM)Matusleo Wrote: [ -> ]I'm reminded of Poul Anderson's story "High Crusade".  English Knights and Priests from the 12th century steal a spaceship that came to destroy their village, and end up conquering and converting all the Galaxy to Catholicism.  Great read. :-)

I have a Sci Fi story I want to write, and I do want to explore the issue of whether the alien races need redemption, and also, how the aliens in their own faith view the Catholics of Earth.  I haven't figured out all the details yet, but definitely no stain of liberalism there.  That's my intent at least!

Dominus tecum

What sort of lifeforms will these be? Will it be Star Trek like space opera? Will it be Lovecraftian entities?

(11-17-2009, 09:49 PM)Rosarium Wrote: [ -> ]
(11-17-2009, 08:40 PM)Matusleo Wrote: [ -> ]I'm reminded of Poul Anderson's story "High Crusade".  English Knights and Priests from the 12th century steal a spaceship that came to destroy their village, and end up conquering and converting all the Galaxy to Catholicism.  Great read. :-)

Dominus tecum

What sort of lifeforms will these be? Will it be Star Trek like space opera? Will it be Lovecraftian entities?
Rumor has it these lifeforms will be sorority girls.

Someone had to say it!  :laughing:
(11-17-2009, 11:40 PM)SoCalLocal Wrote: [ -> ]Rumor has it these lifeforms will be sorority girls.

Someone had to say it!   :laughing:

+ fish
Rumor has it these lifeforms will be sorority girls.
[/quote]So, they'll steal your soul and leave a smile on your face?!
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11