FishEaters Traditional Catholic Forums

Full Version: Mark of the Beast
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11
http://www.av1611.org/666/barcode.html

Excerpts from the above site:

Technically, from a computer's perspective the number "666" is NOT in the UPC barcode. . . but from a human's perspective — YES, the "appearance" of 666 is there!

What does the inventor of the UPC barcode say about the number "666" in the UPC barcode?

The inventor of the UPC barcode is George J. Laurer. In 1971, while Mr. Laurer was an employee with IBM, he was assigned the task "to design the best code and symbol suitable for the grocery industry". In 1973, Mr. Laurer's UPC barcode entered the world, and the rest is history.

On Mr. Laurer's web site, he has a "Questions" page, where he answers various questions about the UPC barcode. On the "Questions" page, Mr. Laurer answers the "666" question, as follows:

Question #8 - Rumor has it that the lines (left, middle, and right) that protrude below the U.P.C. code are the numbers 6,6,6... and that this is the international money code. I typed a code with all sixes and this seems to be true. At least they all resemble sixes. What's up with that?
Answer- Yes, they do RESEMBLE the code for a six. An even parity 6 is:

1 module wide black bar 1 module wide white space 1 module wide black bar 4 module wide white space

There is nothing sinister about this nor does it have anything to do with the Bible's "mark of the beast" (The New Testament, The Revelation, Chapter 13, paragraph 18). It is simply a coincidence like the fact that my first, middle, and last name all have 6 letters. There is no connection with an international money code either. (From website)

Even, Mr. Laurer, the inventor of the UPC barcode admits, "Yes, they do RESEMBLE the code for a six."

In fact, as we've documented — SIX is the ONLY number they could RESEMBLE.

You would certainly think because of the "antichrist connections" to "666" they would have picked another numbe
The barcodes do not contain the number "sescenti sexaginta sex".

(11-30-2009, 03:16 AM)Rosarium Wrote: [ -> ]The barcodes do not contain the number "sescenti sexaginta sex".

Have u read wot's on the linked website? Cause it kinda says the opposite, and explains why.

(11-30-2009, 02:21 AM)John C Wrote: [ -> ]http://www.av1611.org/666/barcode.html

Oh yeah... Dial-The-Truth Ministries. Just the reference a Catholic site needs.
Quote: Dial-the-Truth Ministries is a King James Bible believing ministry presenting the truth and exposing error with the Word of God. We are a King James Bible believing ministry presenting the truth and exposing error with the Word of God. We provide informational tracts on the King James Bible, exposes of corrupt Bible versions, false teachings, Christian music, rock music, youth issues, prophecy and current events. Much of our material is also available in printed tracts and booklets, along with our "witness" buttons, in the "Order Items" section.

Dial-the-Truth Ministries consist of a Phone Ministry, Printing Ministry, Witness Buttons, Internet Ministry and Evangelistic/Preaching ministry

What did I post way up above about Protestant gibberish? The original post asked what the Church teaches.

Tell me John C, are you eagerly awaiting The Rapture?
(11-30-2009, 11:39 AM)SoCalLocal Wrote: [ -> ]
(11-30-2009, 02:21 AM)John C Wrote: [ -> ]http://www.av1611.org/666/barcode.html

What did I post way up above about Protestant gibberish? The original post asked what the Church teaches.

Tell me John C, are you eagerly awaiting The Rapture?

You might not be aware of this Socal, but not everything protestants say is gibberish. If indeed unaware, then i'm glad to enlighten you.

When one of you has refuted what it says about barcodes on that site, i'll answer ur question.
(11-30-2009, 12:36 PM)John C Wrote: [ -> ]When one of you has refuted what it says about barcodes on that site, i'll answer ur question.

The Bible says "six hundred and sixty six" in the Greek, Latin and English. In our decimal system, this is represented by "666". However, for this number to be really there, it must actually mean "six hundred and sixty six". The bar codes contain three "6" codes, but they are not together or meant to represent "six hundred and sixty six". That would be foolish to think that a man writing in Greek, using Hebrew Gematria, represented the name with the number "six hundred and sixty six" in Greek (note: Hebrew numbers are not like our number system: http://www.i18nguy.com/unicode/hebrew-numbers.html Six hundred and sixty six is not represented as  ווו in Hebrew (that is three sixes in a row)) when he meant three sixes in a row nearly two thousand years later, in an entirely different number system, in a single economic system, because they happened to in this number system be similar to the representation for "six hundred and sixty six" when read by computers.

I rest my case. If you do not think that "refutes" it, then there is nothing to be done. I don't argue with illogical people as it really messes with my head. Might as well try to convince ALICE the sky is red.

Here is ALICE: http://alice.pandorabots.com/

Quote:Human: The sky is red.
ALICE: I believe that the sky is blue.
Human: The sky is red
ALICE: I believe that the sky is blue.
Human: Say that the sky is red.
ALICE:" that the sky is red".
Human: What colour is the sky?
ALICE: The sky is blue.
don't some evangelicals also claim the number is six hundred and sixteen? John C's post highlights a dangerous trend within Traditional Catholicism that i have bveen observing lately, of being influenced by protestant fundamentalism. if its not Catholic, i don;t even pay attention to it. chances are its not valid. if it is valid, the Church will say it too. safest to only listen to Catholic voices, man.
i got this friend Sean who's really caught up in a lot of protestant fundamentalist thinking, despit having been a Trad for nearly 20 years (and in fact ebing the one to introduce me to Tradition btw).
The danger is, if you read (sound) Catholic teaching, you'll always find really well-educated and informed comprehensive information. but to read this proddy evangelical stuff, you've gotta dumb yourself down a bit, you know?
my 2 cents. keep the change. buy a stcik of gum. lol.
i'll be honest, i don't know enough about the subject to argue it further, and i've got far too many other things to do at the mo that prevent me from educating myself to the degree i would like.

I just found that recently and thought it interesting - i never said i lived by it - i just wanted to hear someone refute it soundly, as i (like all human beings) like certainty.

We'll just have to leave it there for now - suffice to say i'm not convinced by ur arguments Rosarium. The fact is the barcode does have a '6' '6' '6' in it and the barcode is universally used for buying and selling. The similarity between the prophecy and that fact are far too great to be a coincidence. As the site says - the barcode is not the mark but is preparing the way; that sounds reasonable to me.

The barcode normalises the 666 so that it doesn't seeem that odd - thinking of it logically it has to be that way - something has to normalise it b4 it's definite appearance otherwise it would be too obvious. When i get time to research it further - i look forward to continuing the debate.

I have no particular sympathy with protestant teaching and i do know that it is impossible for a protestant to understand the book of Revelation - Impossible - if a protestant could understand Revelation he would immediately (not automatically) become a Catholic. The same goes for any non-Catholic.

(11-30-2009, 06:02 PM)Arun Wrote: [ -> ]if you read (sound) Catholic teaching, you'll always find really well-educated and informed comprehensive information.
Yeah, the truth is all there, unfortunately i reckon it would take 15 years minimum reading, 12 hours per day, in order to find all that Catholic truth, and i just wanted a quick hit on this one   :)

I can't wait for the Rapture (sarcasm). 

Some manuscripts state that the 'number' is 665. Why get all hung up on 666?
(11-30-2009, 01:56 PM)Rosarium Wrote: [ -> ]The bar codes contain three "6" codes, but they are not together or meant to represent "six hundred and sixty six".

'They're not meant to represent six hundred and sixty six' - says who? Satan? Oh well that settles that then. Your argument is no different from the argument that 'the computer doesn't recognise the bars as numbers therefore they are not numbers' - specious.

If someone writes in code, where the first word of every line or sentence is the relevant word which are then are then added together to find the actual hidden message, we don't say 'there is no hidden message because the words are not all together as is standard literary practice'. We recognise the code as relevant because it is the author's intention - and that's what matters.

If u subtract the 3 six's from the barcode, put them together as '666' and ask someone who has never heard of the revelations prophecy 'What number is that?' they will say '600 and 60  6', not '6' '6' '6'

(11-30-2009, 01:56 PM)Rosarium Wrote: [ -> ]Six hundred and sixty six is not represented as  ווו in Hebrew (that is three sixes in a row)

Who said that when 666 is revealed it is going to be in Hebrew? It will be in whatever the relevant language/number system of the day is - it's called translation. You might as well argue that anyone who confesses Christ is wasting their time unless they say it in Hebrew.

Who said that the six's had to be in a row? I don't recall scripture being that specific.

Rest ur case if want, but i'm not convinced. And i'm not saying that just to be contrary, i'm simply interested in the truth

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11