FishEaters Traditional Catholic Forums

Full Version: Mark of the Beast
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11
i think what he is saying is that having three separate sixes dispersed throughout a barcode doesn't represent six hundred and sixty six as written in the original Scriptural text.
We write six hundred adn sixty six as three consecutive sixes, but it sounds like the Hebrews wrote it as a completely different number. In other words, the number is definitely six hundred and sixty six, not a bunch of sixes. does that make sense? apologies if it doesn't, it's 1.52am here, and i should be snoozing lol.
(12-01-2009, 02:49 AM)John C Wrote: [ -> ]'They're not meant to represent six hundred and sixty six' - says who? Satan? Oh well that settles that then. Your argument is no different from the argument that 'the computer doesn't recognise the bars as numbers therefore they are not numbers' - specious.
Did you just call me Satan? What is your problem? The encoding is not "six hundred and sixty six". For humans or the computer. It is only possible to interpret it as "666" if they are converted to a different number system, removed from the re-original context and then re-interpreted in the decimal format.

Quote:If someone writes in code, where the first word of every line or sentence is the relevant word which are then are then added together to find the actual hidden message, we don't say 'there is no hidden message because the words are not all together as is standard literary practice'. We recognise the code as relevant because it is the author's intention - and that's what matters.
So it was St. John's intention to warn us of barcodes way back when? Are you a prophet? Using your methods, we can find a "hidden message" anywhere. No different from someone with schizophrenia.

Quote:If u subtract the 3 six's from the barcode, put them together as '666' and ask someone who has never heard of the revelations prophecy 'What number is that?' they will say '600 and 60  6', not '6' '6' '6'
That makes no sense! If you "subtract the 3 six's [sic]" makes no sense! It is the same as saying "if you take the 3d, 8th and 10th digit from my credit card number, and put them together you get...whatever". You are filtering them from their context, re-organising them, and then interpreting them differently. This makes no sense at all. You could find the Number of the Beast everywhere then.

Quote:Who said that when 666 is revealed it is going to be in Hebrew? It will be in whatever the relevant language/number system of the day is - it's called translation. You might as well argue that anyone who confesses Christ is wasting their time unless they say it in Hebrew.
No one. It is a number "six hundred and sixty six". This number is not represented in the bar code. For example, "six hundred sixty six" in octal is "1232". That is called "translation". It doesn't matter then by your logic if the original source does not have octal numbers, like the barcode does not contain decimal numbers. By your logic, or rather, lack of logic, this number can be found anywhere in any form.

Quote:Who said that the six's had to be in a row? I don't recall scripture being that specific.
I only said in a row because that is how we write numbers. Hebrews didn't write numbers that way. Neither did the Greeks.  The Latins didn't either. In the Roman system, this is six hundred sixty six: DCLXVI

Who cares if it wasn't intended to be a Roman numeral as long as it resembles it now? It is called translation.

Quote:Rest ur case if want, but i'm not convinced. And i'm not saying that just to be contrary, i'm simply interested in the truth
If you are interested in the truth, try to stay within logical bounds and try to accept there are some things you won't understand. Stick to logic and you'll be safe. Recognise there are some things who don't know, and you won't go for such foolishness so easily.

[/quote]
(11-21-2009, 09:05 PM)kimbaichan Wrote: [ -> ]I think receiving the mark on your forehead or hand is a reference to phylacteries, Jews wore those to show that they kept God's word as He commanded but they were symbolic, so the mark of the beast would be symbolic of keeping your hand and mind ready for evil.
nice thought, I think I agree, but I admit I've never thought about this much
(12-01-2009, 01:20 AM)Iuvenalis Wrote: [ -> ]Some manuscripts state that the 'number' is 665. Why get all hung up on 666?

To the ancient Hebrews, numbers meant something. 5  was the number that meant "grace" (just pick up a Rosary, that has five decades. Our Lady said that great graces would be given to those who say the Rosary every day.)
7 was the number that meant "perfection", 6 was the number that meant "imperfection" so 6 tripled means extreme imperfection, hence the probable reason it's the number of the Beast, or Antichrist.
(12-01-2009, 02:15 PM)CrusaderKing Wrote: [ -> ]To the ancient Hebrews, numbers meant something. 5  was the number that meant "grace" (just pick up a Rosary, that has five decades. Our Lady said that great graces would be given to those who say the Rosary every day.)
A rosary has 15 decades, 3 times 5. She also said to say a third of the rosary (at Fatima). It is difficult to tell what is meant sometimes, as "rosary" often refers to a corona these days.
Does anybody else thionk that the 153 Aves in the Rosary correspond to the 153 fish caught in the Gospel story?
(12-01-2009, 02:15 PM)CrusaderKing Wrote: [ -> ]
(12-01-2009, 01:20 AM)Iuvenalis Wrote: [ -> ]Some manuscripts state that the 'number' is 665. Why get all hung up on 666?

To the ancient Hebrews, numbers meant something. 5  was the number that meant "grace" (just pick up a Rosary, that has five decades. Our Lady said that great graces would be given to those who say the Rosary every day.)
7 was the number that meant "perfection", 6 was the number that meant "imperfection" so 6 tripled means extreme imperfection, hence the probable reason it's the number of the Beast, or Antichrist.

Point missed.
(12-01-2009, 06:40 PM)Iuvenalis Wrote: [ -> ]
(12-01-2009, 02:15 PM)CrusaderKing Wrote: [ -> ]

Point missed.

What was your point? Or, did you miss mine? Not being snarky, just want to know.
(12-01-2009, 03:24 PM)Rosarium Wrote: [ -> ]
(12-01-2009, 02:15 PM)CrusaderKing Wrote: [ -> ]To the ancient Hebrews, numbers meant something. 5  was the number that meant "grace" (just pick up a Rosary, that has five decades. Our Lady said that great graces would be given to those who say the Rosary every day.)
A rosary has 15 decades, 3 times 5. She also said to say a third of the rosary (at Fatima). It is difficult to tell what is meant sometimes, as "rosary" often refers to a corona these days.

True, but I meant one mystery at a time, not all three. My bad.
(12-01-2009, 10:31 AM)Rosarium Wrote: [ -> ]
(12-01-2009, 02:49 AM)John C Wrote: [ -> ]'They're not meant to represent six hundred and sixty six' - says who? Satan? Oh well that settles that then. Your argument is no different from the argument that 'the computer doesn't recognise the bars as numbers therefore they are not numbers' - specious.
Did you just call me Satan? What is your problem?

No i didn't. If i had i would have said 'says who Satan?' not 'says who? Satan?'.

Oh, the drama...
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11