FishEaters Traditional Catholic Forums

Full Version: Westminster: Two steps forward one step back.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
http://blogs.telegraph.co.uk/news/damian...u-deities/

I give him the benefit of the doubt, unless it happens again, it is difficult to break bad habits.

Still quite shameful.

Shameful? This is IDOLATRY.

The early Christians were thrown to the lions for less. This man is not Catholic.

The early Christians were thrown to the lions for less. This man is not Catholic.
[/quote]

And so they shoud have been. Maybe he is going through his 1960's huippy stage and regretting his lifethus far. Pray for the poor chap
So he's an Apostate isnt this the "Conservative" the Pope appointed not long ago. Damn the Pope has crappy episcopal appointments.
(11-24-2009, 09:07 PM)Baskerville Wrote: [ -> ]So he's an Apostate isnt this the "Conservative" the Pope appointed not long ago. Damn the Pope has crappy episcopal appointments.

The bug of the old ecumenism may have bitten the good Bishop.

And no he is not a "conservative" he is one of the somewhat conservatives of all the Bishops in England. Which of course also highlights the horrible state of the Hierarchy in England.
Wasn't this the same guy that was admonishing tradtional Anglican's that anyone converting had to follow the entire Catholic faith?  Not that it's bad advice, but perhaps he should have a look at himself and the things he has done before he starts admonishing people for things they may or may not do.

Just my thoughts,
:pray:
Steve
Assisi strikes again!
(11-25-2009, 02:43 AM)un-giornamento Wrote: [ -> ]Assisi strikes again!
Its just the new springtime.
(11-24-2009, 07:53 PM)Unum Sint Wrote: [ -> ]http://blogs.telegraph.co.uk/news/damian...u-deities/

I give him the benefit of the doubt, unless it happens again, it is difficult to break bad habits.

Still quite shameful.

I don't give him any break because he has a history of this ecumania. When he was Archbishop of Birmingham (UK) he turned the chapel at Newman College over to the Muslims to celebrate their "prophet's" birthday. He also handed over a city centre parish to Hindus and Buddhists to perform their ceremonies. It's also worth bearing in mind that he did his level best to suppress the TLM in that diocese where, even after Summorum Pontificum, the only venue available is Birmingham Oratory. In fact, on the week SP was published word was put out that no mention was to be made of it in any parish and the diocesan website relegated it to a couple of lines on an inside page, whilst the main page was devoted to a major photo op of himself getting all huggy with  local Hindu dignitaries.
(11-25-2009, 02:49 AM)Baskerville Wrote: [ -> ]
(11-25-2009, 02:43 AM)un-giornamento Wrote: [ -> ]Assisi strikes again!
Its just the new springtime.
And the great Rafflesia of the modern Church is still blooming!
Pages: 1 2