FishEaters Traditional Catholic Forums

Full Version: Dialogue Mass
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5
Please explain.
Yes. It restored an authentic tradition of the Church. The idea of the silent Low Mass being a good thing is itself the novelty, not the kind of congregational participation one sees in a dialogue Mass.
No. I think a silent Mass is beautiful.
(11-30-2009, 07:24 PM)Petertherock Wrote: [ -> ]No. I think a silent Mass is beautiful.
I think it's beautiful as well. I do like the participation in the dialogue mass, though.
(11-30-2009, 07:24 PM)Petertherock Wrote: [ -> ]No. I think a silent Mass is beautiful.

Me too.
I agree with Baskerville and Petertherock. As another traditional Catholic once sayd to me: "We're like Mary, kneeling at the foot of the Cross, and Mary was silent at the foot of the Cross." Also, in the Low Mass I don't think one can appeal to older traditions, considering the Low Mass is itself a bit of a novelty.

In the Sung or High Mass, I prefer the laity not to sing, or at least keep their responses to Amens and "et cum spiritu tuo." I'm not completely against the laity singing parts of the ordinary; it doesn't seems to go too badly in the St. Nicolas du Chardonnay Sung Mass video on Youtube, but it can sound a bit ugly.
When people are not in sync, it sounds awful.  When people are in sync and there are enough men, it sounds like "the Borg." 
(11-30-2009, 08:14 PM)Gerard Wrote: [ -> ]When people are not in sync, it sounds awful.  When people are in sync and there are enough men, it sounds like "the Borg." 

I don't know, there is nothing more beautiful than traditional monks chanting in Latin.

I prefer my Mass chanted.
(11-30-2009, 08:21 PM)Petertherock Wrote: [ -> ]
(11-30-2009, 08:14 PM)Gerard Wrote: [ -> ]When people are not in sync, it sounds awful.  When people are in sync and there are enough men, it sounds like "the Borg." 

I don't know, there is nothing more beautiful than traditional monks chanting in Latin.

Singing of course changes everything.  I'm talking about everyone at masses speaking the responses themselves.  There is no tone or any kind of rhythm to hold the people together and forget about pronouncing everything the same way. 
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5