FishEaters Traditional Catholic Forums

Full Version: Rosary for Church unity with SSPX priests
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
http://remnantnewspaper.com/Archives/Rem...y-SSPX.htm

I'm not pasting the article because the Remnant is providing the article in a scanned format from another source, the 'Catholic Life'.
Not to be too nit-picky but I hope they didn't pray the luminous mysteries.... I just hate the idea of changing the Rosary that tradition tells us came from Our Lady Herself. It is arrogant, dangerous and imprudent and senseless. They should have made a new chapel instead. I hope Pope Benedict gets around to changing it back...
(12-02-2009, 02:52 AM)winoblue1 Wrote: [ -> ]I hope Pope Benedict gets around to changing it back...
I argee, but there are SO MANY other things he needs to change back first!
They may just fall away from lack of use, organically. I don't think there are that many who say their rosaries except Trads, so I think it is moot. The Chaplet of Divine Mercy is more popular among the rest. Just sayin' as I used to say it with a friend and his wife if we went anywhere in their SUV, they had  little rosary things just for that.
tim
(12-02-2009, 09:27 AM)timoose Wrote: [ -> ]They may just fall away from lack of use, organically. I don't think there are that many who say their rosaries except Tr ads, so I think it is moot. The Chaplet of Divine Mercy is more popular among the rest. Just sayin' as I used to say it with a friend and his wife if we went anywhere in their SUV, they had  little rosary things just for that.
tim

I think Catholics of all persuasions hold the rosary dear to their hearts. I go to a local NO parish  and there is a group that always say the rosary after mass.and at our local cathedral, the same drill except that 40 to 50 people say the rosary before mass. I am not a Trad and I don't get to mix with trads (there are so few here in NZ) but attempt to say the rosary on a daily basis

AS far as the luminous mysteries are concerned, I have never heard them prayed in a public forum so you are probably right about them just disappearing..thank the good Lord.
Not a big deal Winoblue. Beings as the Rosary is an option for our prayer life. I do agree with you. I have NEVER said the Luminous Mysteries.

The Rosary is the last bastion of Traditional Catholic prayer and I refuse to participate in JPII's "mysteries". In fact I've gone to a straight Latin Rosary.

Yeh, yeh I know, the Rosary was not originally said in Latin and its not required. But I like it as the "language of the Angels".
winoblue1 Wrote:I just hate the idea of changing the Rosary that tradition tells us came from Our Lady Herself.

No. Pious custom and hagiography tell us that the Rosary came from Mary. History tells us the Rosary predates any apparition of Mary to S. Simon Stock. The Rosary originally came about as a way for illiterate believers to pray an "office" of their own. The devotion was an imitation by common folk of the Divine Office. Over time Aves came to outnumber Paters, and eventually the prayer took on a Marian flavor.

trident59 Wrote:I refuse to participate in JPII's "mysteries".

Good thing Jesus didn't refuse to participate in "JPII's 'mysteries'."