FishEaters Traditional Catholic Forums

Full Version: SSPX Retreat Experience – Our Lady of Sorrows Retreat House – Phoenix
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
I had one at Jerusalem, up the wanganui river. It was the founding place of the Sisters of Compassion, NZs only homegrown Order. Their church has been Novus Ordo'd so Father set up a chapel for the Trad Mass inside the building where we were staying.
Fr Lafitte preached an awesome retreat. I'm overdue for another one, actually... lol.
The one thing I didn't see in the excellent (and very much appreciated) write-up was any mention of Mass being celebrated anytime during the retreat. Are there any celebrated while there? 
What a great and inspiring description! Indeed, each and every one of us should do an ignatian retreat if possible.

God bless the Society of Saint Pius X! God bless the Church!

Marcel Lefebvre, pray for us.
(12-30-2009, 05:40 PM)Avus Wrote: [ -> ]Are there any celebrated while there? 

Usually, Holy Mass is celebrated every day during an ignatian retreat.
are there any trustworthy eastern rite retreats?
(12-30-2009, 06:25 PM)voxpopulisuxx Wrote: [ -> ]are there any trustworthy eastern rite retreats?

The Ignatian retreat is universal.
The original post pretty much summed up my experience of the Ignatian retreat in Connecticut 2 years ago. Loved it. Everybody should go. Tomorrow.
Are you expected to do a general confession at the end of the retreat?
How do you find an  Ignatian retreat in my area?
(12-30-2009, 05:40 PM)Avus Wrote: [ -> ]Are there any celebrated while there? 

Sorry, I fumbled that one. Yes, there's daily Mass although it's the general practice not to receive communion until after the general confession on Wednesday.

(01-01-2010, 11:21 AM)voxpopulisuxx Wrote: [ -> ]How do you find an  Ignatian retreat in my area?

http://www.sspx.org/retreats.htm

(01-01-2010, 09:31 AM)winoblue1 Wrote: [ -> ]Are you expected to do a general confession at the end of the retreat?

Actually that happens on the third day of the 5 day retreat. St. Ignatius tears you down in the beginning and then rebuilds you after the general confession.
Pages: 1 2 3