FishEaters Traditional Catholic Forums

Full Version: Ordering Cigars Online
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Anyone here order their cigars online? Is this a good option? Do they hold up in the shipping process well etc?
(12-05-2009, 09:04 PM)BrevisVir55 Wrote: [ -> ]Anyone here order their cigars online? Is this a good option? Do they hold up in the shipping process well etc?
When I had lots of disposable income I used to order cigars. Sometimes it's the only option to get the size you want. They're well-packed. The boxes are factory-sealed in cellophane. Then they get packed in styrofoam peanuts inside the mailing box. 
I am a pipe guy but my brother smokes cigars and he has ordered online and apperently there has been no trouble he said that things usually go smooth unless the company makes a mistake in packing and they get too dry.
Order from a well-respected online retailer, and you'll be happy.  I've ordered many boxes from JR Cigar, and have been very satisfied.  Also good results from CI and Thompson.
Thanks for the replies. I was going to order some from Thompson, Patrick.
(12-07-2009, 02:33 PM)BrevisVir55 Wrote: [ -> ]Thanks for the replies. I was going to order some from Thompson, Patrick.
I've had good luck with JR and Thompson, too. Be careful with Thompson - read the fine print if you're ordering an assortment. Many times they pad the brand names with their house brands, of which there are many. And then there's the really fine print that says
Quote:In the event we are out of a premium brand cigar and/or size, Thompson reserves the right to substitute another premium brand cigar and/or size, of equal or greater value
(12-07-2009, 04:22 PM)SoCalLocal Wrote: [ -> ]
(12-07-2009, 02:33 PM)BrevisVir55 Wrote: [ -> ]Thanks for the replies. I was going to order some from Thompson, Patrick.
I've had good luck with JR and Thompson, too. Be careful with Thompson - read the fine print if you're ordering an assortment. Many times they pad the brand names with their house brands, of which there are many. And then there's the really fine print that says
Quote:In the event we are out of a premium brand cigar and/or size, Thompson reserves the right to substitute another premium brand cigar and/or size, of equal or greater value

Thanks, I'll look out for that.