FishEaters Traditional Catholic Forums

Full Version: The Medieval Mass (video link)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
(12-17-2009, 04:38 PM)Zakhur Wrote: [ -> ]The only explanation I've been able to think of for that is that the local ordinary gave permission to use rubrics obtained from extant medieval missals to say Mass.

You know, it's for the cause of learning and all that!

Does the local ordinary have the power to do that? I dont know..... It is Quo Primum after all. Im not an expert on the matter, but it seems fishy...no pun intended
What rite? Dominican? Would be good toknow the sources. The actual mikssals used for its reconstruction.
Interesting. And the purpose was for what? Learning
All a bit weird imho
(12-17-2009, 04:49 PM)devotedknuckles Wrote: [ -> ]What rite? Dominican?
no, think it is the rite of the diocese of Schleswig
Schwisligian rite eh
Sip
(12-17-2009, 05:30 PM)devotedknuckles Wrote: [ -> ]Schwisligian rite eh
Sip
yeah, for those who dont know what we are talking about many medieval cities had their own liturgical rite - the much talked about Sarum rite was the rite of the diocese of Salisbury for example
Actually, from what I've heard, in the middle ages it was common for each diocese, and in some cases each parish, to have unique missal.
(12-17-2009, 12:09 PM)tradmaverick Wrote: [ -> ]But wouldnt it be a Mass that was replaced by the Tridentine Mass and Quo Primum?

Is it permissible for a Priest to say such a Mass?

The rubrics look a bit...odd.

Quo Primum stipulated that any missal which was continuously in use for over 200 years could be preserved. I don't know if that applies to the missal in the video. However, in any case I think the Ordinary has the proper authority to authorize the use of any orthodox Catholic missal for one-time uses like this.
Really? Ive never heard of such authority?

Have you got some example traditonally of this?

I suppose it might fit into that catergory in Quo Primum though.

What do you make of all the bowing instead of genuflecting, wasnt genuflection in by that stage in the middle ages?
Pages: 1 2