FishEaters Traditional Catholic Forums

Full Version: Therese Neumann
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I've just discovered and started reading about her.  Does anyone have any opinions as to the validity of her visions, stigmata, inedia, etc.?
Really?  No takers. Someone here has to know something about her. She was supposedly a 20th century German mystic.  I happened upon this picture and, needless to say, I was pretty intrigued.

[Image: therese_neumann1.jpg]
I just read the wiki page on her. Pretty interesting. Why is she bleeding from her eyes though?
I remember a book about her, but I was like 10...Sounded legit to me...
(12-19-2009, 01:26 AM)Servus_Maria Wrote: [ -> ]I just read the wiki page on her. Pretty interesting. Why is she bleeding from her eyes though?

Yeah, that's one of the things I didn't understand. The picture is so intense too and it seems like such a contrast from the relatively benign and shy pictures of St. Pio's stigmata.

Her story seems so compelling but the Church hasn't made any announcement about her so I was wondering what other people thought.

I don't know why but seeing pictures of those with the stigmata or bleeding statues or whatever always gives me a weird feeling. This one is no exception.
(12-19-2009, 01:42 AM)Walty Wrote: [ -> ]
(12-19-2009, 01:26 AM)Servus_Maria Wrote: [ -> ]I just read the wiki page on her. Pretty interesting. Why is she bleeding from her eyes though?

Yeah, that's one of the things I didn't understand. The picture is so intense too and it seems like such a contrast from the relatively benign and shy pictures of St. Pio's stigmata.

Her story seems so compelling but the Church hasn't made any announcement about her so I was wondering what other people thought.

I don't know why but seeing pictures of those with the stigmata or bleeding statues or whatever always gives me a weird feeling. This one is no exception.
Her cause for beatification has been recently opened.  I believe she is an authentic Catholic mystic, as did the many thousands who witnessed her stigmata..