FishEaters Traditional Catholic Forums

Full Version: Evola
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
He was mentiponed in another thread.
Interesting.
I thought he was a weird italian count who was expelled from the fascists and spent miuch of his life in tantric sexual yoga and tried to create a fascist yoga.(Whatever the hell that means). I can't remember the names of his works but wasn't one called man amongst the ruins?
Anyhoooo what does he have to do with traditiional catholicism. Pne po me woifes weird art yoga magazines has a pioc of him doing a head stand close to a cliff. Balls!
Anyhooo
(12-22-2009, 08:24 AM)devotedknuckles Wrote: [ -> ]Pne po me woifes weird art yoga magazines has a pioc of him doing a head stand close to a cliff. Balls!

Not to mock the difficult of typing on tiny keyboards, but I initially took this to be another language.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Evola

This is the book you refer to: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Men_Among_the_Ruins

Here is a list of all of them: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Evola#Books...d_articles

He has little to do with the Church, although Tradition was a big issue: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Traditionalist_School

Despite the common term, it has little to do with the traditions of the Church if at all, and he followed many Hindu teachings to the extent I would call him a Hindu in philosophy ("Hindu" at some times refers to Indians as a whole, not any philosophy).

"Pne po me woifes weird art yoga magazines has a pioc of him doing a head stand close to a cliff. Balls!"

One of me wife's weird art yoga magazines, has a picture of him doing a head stand close to a cliff. Balls!

....lol DK.
To coin your phrase "do tell". This could be one of the weirdest and most interesting things in the tank since, well....Jonah. When I saw the title Evola, I knew it was you DK probably with a purposeful mis-spelling of ebola (virus) ! Go figure !
tim  
Mac giolla is fluent in DKnese
Perect tranlation though u left out weird
Sip
I'm not familiar with Evola but I've read some Guenon, Coomaraswamy, Schuon, and some other Perennialists. Some of their arguments against the modern world are exciting to say the least, but their view that all the major religions (and they disagree on which religions count) come from the same God is false of course.
Sorry for digging up this thread, but I was curious what is the attitude of foreign trads towards Evola. In Europe, and for sure in Poland, many come to Tradition via their interest interest in right-wing politics (yes, including me). Many right-wing, nationalist magazines publish texts of FSSPX priests and Evola almost next to each other. The general rule is that Integral Traditionalism is valuable and interesting inasmuch as it does not contradict Catholicism. I've read some books of his and I'm deeply impressed by Evola's knowledge. I'm also interested in Christian mythology (Grail etc.) and he covered this topic extensively. It is true that his interests are at least odd and exotic, but if one reads his works bearing all that the Church teaches in mind, I think one can learn much. Unfortunately, there are some for whom traditional Catholicism is a cool looking addition to Evolianism, but you could count them on the fingers of both hands.
"stvincentferrer" Wrote:Some of their arguments against the modern world are exciting to say the least, but their view that all the major religions (and they disagree on which religions count) come from the same God is false of course.
Although it is proven that most if not all world religions were at one time monotheistic, so there were (or even still are) remains of primordial revelation given to Adam and Eve.
DK is missed and was probably as mysterious as Evola. Some one said behind the DK persona was a rare books dealer, wealthy beyond measure. Which made me think of Johnny Dep in the Ninth Gate. Perhaps he's looking in here and this will get him to post on Evola's involvement in translating Masonic documents for the Nazis.

tim
DK = devotedknuckles?
Yes that's right.

tim
Pages: 1 2 3