FishEaters Traditional Catholic Forums

Full Version: Requirements of several pious assosiations
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I guess this is the right spot to post, I guess it'd be Catholic Culture?

My question is this:
Hope dose one keep up with all the prayers and requirements of several pious associations or apostates? As in many have a daily rosary requirement (Confraternity of the Rosary, Brown Scapular, Request of Our Lady of Fatima). Is it only necessary to pray one daily rosary and offer it for all of these intentions?
Some have specific prayers that must be said and that's not really what I'm talking about, I'm mostly wondering if I've got to pray 3-5 rosaries per day or if just one with proper intention is ok.
Along the same lines, for the Brown Scapular you're supposed to pray the Little Office or substitute the rosary. If you pray the Office, do you also need to pray the Little Office?
Hope this question makes since. I'm not scrupulous, cause I can barley manage my daily rosary. Just want  to be sure that it's not necessary to pray several rosaries to fulfil these requirements. I also know that this is all voluntary and that it could be eliminated or simplified if need be.
As far as I know, Ralph, one rosary daily will suffice for all of those pious associations.

As I understand the requirements, the Little Office of the Blessed Virgin Mary is a specific requirement for members of the Brown Scapular Confraternity.  However, if you're already praying a rosary, that should take the place of that requirement.
(12-23-2009, 12:44 AM)Padre_Ricardo Wrote: [ -> ]As far as I know, Ralph, one rosary daily will suffice for all of those pious associations.

As I understand the requirements, the Little Office of the Blessed Virgin Mary is a specific requirement for members of the Brown Scapular Confraternity.  However, if you're already praying a rosary, that should take the place of that requirement.
That's what I was thinking, thanks Padre Smile
Heyy Ralphie boy!    ;D
    By right, you would need to ask the priest to dispense one from saying the Office and have him give you the Rosary, or some other prayers, in it's place.  The minimum the Carmelite Fathers recommeneded was 7 Our Fathers, 7 Hail Marys and 7 Glory Be to the Fathers.  Also, the abstaining from meat on Wednesdays and Fridays, when assigned, was the other  way of fulfilling the obligations of the Brown Scapular and Sabbatine Privilege.

Joe

(12-23-2009, 05:21 PM)joe17 Wrote: [ -> ]Heyy Ralphie boy!    ;D
    By right, you would need to ask the priest to dispense one from saying the Office and have him give you the Rosary, or some other prayers, in it's place.  The minimum the Carmelite Fathers recommeneded was 7 Our Fathers, 7 Hail Marys and 7 Glory Be to the Fathers.   Also, the abstaining from meat on Wednesdays and Fridays, when assigned, was the other  way of fulfilling the obligations of the Brown Scapular and Sabbatine Privilege.
Joe
thanks. the abstaining isn't a problem for the most part as I'm going through formation in the Confraternity of Penitents and abstinence is practised four days per week, so I think I'll be covered. I'm not really trying to be 'covered' cause I know Our Lord knows the heart, I just want to make sure I'm honestly fulfilling the reasonable obligations and not just telling my self it'll be ok when I'm slacking.