FishEaters Traditional Catholic Forums

Full Version: Pope attacked at Midnight Mass
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10
That's OK, I had to listen to my NO Parents tell me how great their "Christmas Mess" was. Of course they didn't call it a Mess...but they had the kids do a little skit and I just kept thinking to myself...where in the GIRM does it say it's OK to have a skit in the Holy Sacrifice of the Mass? If they want to have a Nativity Play put on a presentation in the Parish Hall after Mass. They were also talking about how great it was that they sang "Rudolf the Red Nose Reindeer" and "Santa Claus is Coming to Town" When I was visibly shaking my head they tried to make me feel better by saying it was "before Mess" to warm up their voices.

I just thanked God that I have access to a real Mass and don't have to put up with the NO Mess...I just wish my parents would realize they aren't going to a Catholic Mass.

"I'm givin' it to ya straight: I was nowhere near the joint, officer!
[Image: chittister-wow.jpg]

Courtesy of AQ lol!

Thanks for your peaceful input to Christmas 2009, crazy :censored: lady.  Go immediately to friggin jail.

I guess the Holy Father is too virtuous to beat her with his crozier.
(12-24-2009, 07:47 PM)magdalene04 Wrote: [ -> ]Yes, it is good that he was not hurt.  I read in the NYTimes that the Mass was @ 10pm and not midnight, in order to make things easier for the Pope.  Regrettable.  Christmas Mass it was not.  Christmas Mass, the first Mass, begins on Christmas Day @ 12am, not Christmas Eve. 

This is wrong.  Christmas, liturgically speaking, begins at sundown December 24.
(12-24-2009, 09:58 PM)Stephanos Wrote: [ -> ]I guess the Holy Father is too virtuous to beat her with his crozier.
That would have been quite the show!  The media would be up in arms though about the pope defending himself.
(12-24-2009, 09:56 PM)Petertherock Wrote: [ -> ]"I'm givin' it to ya straight: I was nowhere near the joint, officer!
[Image: chittister-wow.jpg]

Courtesy of AQ lol!

Just to clarify, this is NOT the woman who attacked the Pope. At least not directly...this is "Sister Chittister." One of the "Lapel pin Nuns"

As someone mentioned on another forum, if this person had been armed the Holy Father could have been maimed or killed. Yet some people want to worry about what time it was or who clapped. We should all be more charitable and use better judgment (and yes, that includes myself.)

Let us pray for the Holy Father.

Fox News Exclusive....Vatican Identifies the deranged woman who attacked the Pope...

[Image: pelosi1.jpg]

:laughing:  :laughing:
Didn't something like this happen at another Christmas or Easter Mass a while back?

Bellringer Wrote:Why do people have so much hate?

It may not have been hate. Mental illness or obsession could also have been the causes.

magdalene04 Wrote:Christmas Mass it was not.  Christmas Mass, the first Mass, begins on Christmas Day @ 12am, not Christmas Eve.

It most certainly was. In the Christianity the day begins at Vespers, sunset. This is doubly true on Feasts and Solemnities (in the old Kalendar, II and I Class feasts). 
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10