FishEaters Traditional Catholic Forums

Full Version: Pope attacked at Midnight Mass
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10
Our priest for our Latin Mass told us that before VII the Pope always said Mass facing the people. It wasn't that the Pope was facing the people, it was because of the way they built St. Peters. It was built so the altar was facing the opposite direction. So the only way the priest or in this case the Pope, could face East was by facing the people. He went on to say that it's unfortunate they decided it was a good thing to do at VII and now all the NO Churches do it.

I hope I don't sound like I'm making light of the situation, but the security guard that "tackled" the attacker totally missed an opportunity to lay her out. He had a great angle but she slipped through his hands and that's how she was able to grab the Pope. Had he wrapped her up and tackled her like middle schoolers are taught, she wouldn't have grabbed a fistful of clothes.
Quote:You mean the altar?  The altar used at St. Peter's is the same that popes have used before, far as I know.

If it was still the TLM then you'd be right, it would be an altar.

It's the Novus Ordo, so it a table.
(12-25-2009, 01:45 PM)Beware_the_Ides Wrote: [ -> ]I'm ignorant of Italian law practices but it would seem that after the first attack, she should have been imprisoned or issued a restraining order - mental evaluation at the very least.  What would be the equivalent in the US?  Aggravated assault charges?

It would take more to be aggravated assault in the US probably.

It also depends on the state. In PA, the lowest crime would probably be attempted simple assault, however, one could probably find a bunch of criminal definitions to fit (harassment for one).

In the US, I can't see her being able to do this again so easily. After the first time, there would be some sort of restraining order, mental evaluation (it would be hard to have her involuntarily committed long term, but she'd surely get some help in that area).

Of course, in Italy, you just have to prove she is an untrustworthy woman and get the media to dislike her personally...
Looks like MSNBC doesn't have the vid anymore? Here's the youtube, for posterity...
(12-26-2009, 12:00 PM)cunctas_haereses Wrote: [ -> ]
Quote:You mean the altar?  The altar used at St. Peter's is the same that popes have used before, far as I know.

Relativism much?

Either way, if it was an altar 40 years ago, it's still an altar.  I think the Pope would agree with me.
(12-26-2009, 11:43 PM)CollegeCatholic Wrote: [ -> ]
(12-26-2009, 12:00 PM)cunctas_haereses Wrote: [ -> ]

Relativism much?

Either way, if it was an altar 40 years ago, it's still an altar.  I think the Pope would agree with me.

It's an altar.  Rhetoric doesn't help anything.
(12-26-2009, 10:32 PM)Iuvenalis Wrote: [ -> ]Looks like MSNBC doesn't have the vid anymore? Here's the youtube, for posterity...

You should read some of the remarks on Youtube. Classics like:
I wish they would have killed the old bastard
To bad she didnt have a Knife
To bad she wasnt an assasin
Sure he is an evil nazi and needs to die but this was just stupid

A lot of hate out there.
(12-27-2009, 03:01 AM)Baskerville Wrote: [ -> ]You should read some of the remarks on Youtube. Classics like:

A lot of hate out there.

To me that's proof that B16 is going to go down in history as a good Pope!
(12-27-2009, 03:19 AM)QuisUtDeus Wrote: [ -> ]
(12-27-2009, 03:01 AM)Baskerville Wrote: [ -> ]You should read some of the remarks on Youtube. Classics like:

A lot of hate out there.

To me that's proof that B16 is going to go down in history as a good Pope!

What he said.

Matt 5:11-12

John 15:18-20

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10