FishEaters Traditional Catholic Forums

Full Version: Pope attacked at Midnight Mass
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10
(12-25-2009, 11:12 AM)Credo Wrote: [ -> ]
Louis_Martin Wrote:Exactly why did they let her in again?

Millions of people visit the Vatican every year. It's not like they check people at the door.

They did when I went there.
(12-28-2009, 08:31 PM)AlanF Wrote: [ -> ]
(12-25-2009, 11:12 AM)Credo Wrote: [ -> ]
Louis_Martin Wrote:Exactly why did they let her in again?

Millions of people visit the Vatican every year. It's not like they check people at the door.

They did when I went there.

Yeah, at Midnight Mass you need a ticket to get into the Basilica. 

Our family was tempted to try and sneak in, but we figured it wasn't something God was going to look favorably upon.  Lol.
(12-24-2009, 10:13 PM)Petertherock Wrote: [ -> ]
(12-24-2009, 09:56 PM)Petertherock Wrote: [ -> ]"I'm givin' it to ya straight: I was nowhere near the joint, officer!
[Image: chittister-wow.jpg]

Courtesy of AQ lol!

Just to clarify, this is NOT the woman who attacked the Pope. At least not directly...this is "Sister Chittister." One of the "Lapel pin Nuns"

That's a nun?
This was a complete failure of security. Sure the Pope is ok but to have him a principle being protected actually get touched and draged to the ground by a known agressor a women who attacked him before is a serious serious security breach.I'm all for likin tye swiss guards but there is more to security then playing dress up.
Just play it out.
If a women who we assume a loon can breach papal security twice at the same anual mass. And actually make contact with the pope as she did and drag him to the ground. Just think what a trained dedicated attacker armed could do.
That's no joke!
Sip
(12-28-2009, 09:02 PM)INPEFESS Wrote: [ -> ]
(12-24-2009, 09:56 PM)Petertherock Wrote: [ -> ]"I'm givin' it to ya straight: I was nowhere near the joint, officer!

Courtesy of AQ lol!

Just to clarify, this is NOT the woman who attacked the Pope. At least not directly...this is "Sister Chittister." One of the "Lapel pin Nuns"

That's a nun?
Well, a sister. "Sister Joan", Benedictine.

[Image: user_images_file_name_4091.jpg]
(12-28-2009, 09:42 PM)ResiduumRevertetur Wrote: [ -> ]
(12-28-2009, 09:02 PM)INPEFESS Wrote: [ -> ]

Courtesy of AQ lol!

That's a nun?
Well, a sister. "Sister Joan", Benedictine.

[Image: user_images_file_name_4091.jpg]

Oh. Should I know who she is?
(12-28-2009, 09:43 PM)INPEFESS Wrote: [ -> ]Oh. Should I know who she is?
Meh, doesn't matter. Though she does make good trad fodder.
(12-28-2009, 09:04 PM)devotedknuckles Wrote: [ -> ]This was a complete failure of security. Sure the Pope is ok but to have him a principle being protected actually get touched and draged to the ground by a known agressor a women who attacked him before is a serious serious security breach.I'm all for likin tye swiss guards but there is more to security then playing dress up.
Just play it out.
If a women who we assume a loon can breach papal security twice at the same anual mass. And actually make contact with the pope as she did and drag him to the ground. Just think what a trained dedicated attacker armed could do.
That's no joke!
Sip

After viewing a few videos of the incident, I agree that his security detail failed miserably.  The fact that it was perpetrated by a person who had attempted the same thing, just a year earlier, is inconceivable.  Poor screening, on their part.  Their positioning around the Pope, also left much to be desired - at least, by what I can see from the videos. 
(12-28-2009, 10:21 PM)Texican Wrote: [ -> ]After viewing a few videos of the incident, I agree that his security detail failed miserably.  The fact that it was perpetrated by a person who had attempted the same thing, just a year earlier, is inconceivable.  Poor screening, on their part.  Their positioning around the Pope, also left much to be desired - at least, by what I can see from the videos. 
Is it just me or is this cluster of "security breaches" putting anybody else on edge?  Twice it was the White House, then Berlusconi, and the two incidents with the Pope. What is going on? Coincidences?
(12-28-2009, 10:21 PM)Texican Wrote: [ -> ]After viewing a few videos of the incident, I agree that his security detail failed miserably.  The fact that it was perpetrated by a person who had attempted the same thing, just a year earlier, is inconceivable.  Poor screening, on their part.  Their positioning around the Pope, also left much to be desired - at least, by what I can see from the videos. 

That's weird, I was thinking the opposite.  From what I could see it looks like the lady jumped over the barrier and was intercepted almost immediately, before she could even get to the pope.  I couldn't even see why he went down, though I guess she must have gotten to him somehow.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10