FishEaters Traditional Catholic Forums

Full Version: Pope attacked at Midnight Mass
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10
Thank God he's okay.
Some lady charged at him, the Swiss Guard took her down very quickly.

The Pope and a cardinal were knocked down.  The Holy Father was fine; he went on to say the Mass.
Cardinal Etchegaray went to the hospital.
http://www.digitaljournal.com/article/284439

Why do people keep doing this?
Swiss Guard are the best.
Keep with it lads!!!
Sip sip to the swiss! As z swisse zay
Zip zip
As a 1/2 breed Italian says "Beviamo, tutti".
tim
Yes, it is good that he was not hurt.  I read in the NYTimes that the Mass was @ 10pm and not midnight, in order to make things easier for the Pope.  Regrettable.  Christmas Mass it was not.  Christmas Mass, the first Mass, begins on Christmas Day @ 12am, not Christmas Eve. 
(12-24-2009, 07:47 PM)magdalene04 Wrote: [ -> ]Yes, it is good that he was not hurt.  I read in the NYTimes that the Mass was @ 10pm and not midnight, in order to make things easier for the Pope.  Regrettable.  Christmas Mass it was not.  Christmas Mass, the first Mass, begins on Christmas Day @ 12am, not Christmas Eve. 

That is wrong. It was Christmas Mass.
Prayers for the Holy Father...

O Lord, we are the millions of believers, humbly kneeling at Thy feet and begging Thee to preserve, defend and save the Sovereign Pontiff for many years. He is the Father of the great fellowship of souls and our Father as well. On this day, as on every other day, he is praying for us also, and is offering unto Thee with holy fervor the sacred Victim of love and peace.

Wherefore, O Lord, turn Thyself toward us with eyes of pity; for we are now, as it were, forgetful of ourselves, and are praying above all for him. Do Thou unite our prayers with his and receive them into the bosom of Thine infinite mercy, as a sweet savor of active and fruitful charity, whereby the children are united in the Church to their Father. All that he asks of Thee this day, we too ask it of Thee in unison with him.

Whether he weeps or rejoices, whether he hopes or offers himself as a victim of charity for his people, we desire to be united with him; nay more, we desire that the cry of our hearts should be made one with his. Of Thy great mercy grant, O Lord, that not one of us may be far from his mind and his heart in the hour that he prays and offers unto Thee the Sacrifice of Thy blessed Son. At the moment when our venerable High Priest, holding in His hands the very Body of Jesus Christ, shall say to the people over the Chalice of benediction these words: "The peace of the Lord be with you always," grant, O Lord, that Thy sweet peace may come down upon our hearts and upon all the nations with new and manifest power. Amen.

(12-24-2009, 07:47 PM)magdalene04 Wrote: [ -> ]Yes, it is good that he was not hurt.  I read in the NYTimes that the Mass was @ 10pm and not midnight, in order to make things easier for the Pope.  Regrettable.  Christmas Mass it was not.  Christmas Mass, the first Mass, begins on Christmas Day @ 12am, not Christmas Eve. 

I'm also glad Benedict was not hurt.  Prayers for all involved including the woman who was clearly deranged.  I also agree with you about the Christmas Eve mass at the Vatican. Very regrettable.  And, unfortunately that's what it was - Christmas Eve mass - not Midnight Mass which is the first Mass of the Holy Nativity who's feast day is December 25th not December 24th. 

10pm - 11:59pm on December 24th is still Advent.
Why couldn't the Pope just have got up a little later and given the Christmas greeting then? Or got up, gave the greeting, and then take a nap? It is only once a year.

(12-24-2009, 09:13 PM)Petertherock Wrote: [ -> ]Why couldn't the Pope just have got up a little later and given the Christmas greeting then? Or got up, gave the greeting, and then take a nap? It is only once a year.

Since Vat II feasts have been transferred by the NO hierarchy willy nilly and pretty much out of existence for the most part.  It's a mindset which I have absolutely no understanding (and frankly, I have no desire to understand it).  To say that any prelate can "magically" declare that mass offered on the last day of Advent fulfills the Christmas obligation is tragic and makes absolutely no sense whatsoever.  The NO calendar is already stripped bare and now it's being twisted out of existence.  Very heartbreaking.

What it boils down to me is that nobody cares anymore.  Not the laity, not the hierarchy, no one.  It's just not important any longer.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10