FishEaters Traditional Catholic Forums

Full Version: Pope to visit main Rome synagouge......
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Clearly reaching out for Jewish support the Vatican's attempt for Pius's sainthood.

http://jta.org/news/article/2009/12/24/1...pope-visit

Rome’s Jews confirm Pope visit
December 24, 2009

ROME (JTA) -- Italian Jews issued a statement confirming that Pope Benedict XVI will visit the main Rome synagogue despite tensions over his decision to move Pope Pius XII closer to sainthood.

The statement, issued Wednesday by the leadership of Rome's Jewish community after a meeting with national Jewish institutions, rabbis and Holocaust survivors, stressed the importance of interreligious dialogue and said the pope's Jan. 17 visit will be a "key step" in this process.

Italian Jews, said the statement, had "high expectations" for the visit but it "should not be construed as an endorsement of the historic dispute over Pope Pius XII's choice of silence" in the face of Jewish persecution during the Holocaust.

It called on the Vatican to open its archives to enable historians to determine the truth.

(12-25-2009, 07:04 PM)alaric Wrote: [ -> ]Clearly reaching out for Jewish support the Vatican's attempt for Pius's sainthood.
Clearly? You are psychic?

The Pope does not need Jewish support for anything and he knows it.
And that's why he visits synaguges
Yeah right
Let us pray also for the Jews: that almighty God may remove the veil from their hearts; so that they too may acknowledge Jesus Christ our Lord. Let us pray.  Almighty and eternal God, who dost also not exclude from thy mercy the Jews: hear our prayers, which we offer for the blindness of that people; that acknowledging the light of thy Truth, which is Christ, they may be delivered from their darkness. Through the same our Lord Jesus Christ, who liveth and reigneth with thee in the unity of the Holy Spirit, God, for ever and ever. Amen
(12-25-2009, 09:29 PM)Rosarium Wrote: [ -> ]
(12-25-2009, 07:04 PM)alaric Wrote: [ -> ]Clearly reaching out for Jewish support the Vatican's attempt for Pius's sainthood.
Clearly? You are psychic?

The Pope does not need Jewish support for anything and he knows it.
Really? Who's being naive now.
Removed to give the Holy Father the benefit of the doubt.

(12-25-2009, 10:21 PM)Petertherock Wrote: [ -> ]So now we have Pope John Paul III going to cause more scandal.
If he starts kissing Korans, then I'll be making comparisons of Benedict to "the great"

But for now, I think he's just bending over backwards to prove he was never really a Hitler youth and wants Pius canonized with the blessing of the chosenites.
This is a Catholic forum.

I think people with anti-Catholic sentiments should be more careful about what they post.
(12-25-2009, 10:35 PM)alaric Wrote: [ -> ]
(12-25-2009, 10:21 PM)Petertherock Wrote: [ -> ]So now we have Pope John Paul III going to cause more scandal.
If he starts kissing Korans, then I'll be making comparisons of Benedict to "the great"

But for now, I think he's just bending over backwards to prove he was never really a Hitler youth and wants Pius canonized with the blessing of the chosenites.

I guess you are right, we owe him the benefit of the doubt.

So how is the Pope going to a synagogue - AGAIN - pro Catholic, and calling him on it is anti-Catholic?

Some folks have a very odd definition of Catholic.
Pages: 1 2