FishEaters Traditional Catholic Forums

Full Version: Two Cardinals to offer Pontifical High Masses
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3

[Image: CIELUKconf.jpg]

http://rorate-caeli.blogspot.com/

Reminder: Two Upcoming Solemn Pontifical Masses by Cardinals

On January 6, 2010, at 3:45 P.M., Dario Cardinal Castrillon Hoyos, assisted by the Franciscan Friars of the Immaculate, will offer Solemn Pontifical Mass (from the throne) in honor of the Epiphany at the Santuario della Beata Vergine Addolorata di Campocavallo in Osimo. This Marian shrine is run by the same friars, and is the location of the Archdiocese of Ancona's sole regular TLM, daily offered by the friars.

On January 7, 2010, as previously reported on Rorate, Antonio Cardinal Canizares Llovera will offer Solemn Pontifical Mass at the Basilica of St. John Lateran, as part of the "Year for Priests"- Clergy Conference 2010 in Rome. A full list of this conference's musically magnificent liturgical program can be found in this page: http://yearforpriests-clergyconferencerome2010.org./programme.htm

I believe Cardinal Hoyos is the best possible option to succeed Pope Benedict when God forbid, the time comes.

(12-28-2009, 04:35 PM)Petertherock Wrote: [ -> ]I believe Cardinal Hoyos is the best possible option to succeed Pope Benedict when God forbid, the time comes.

Unlikely.  Cardinal Hoyos is nearly as old as the pope, and Benedict seems to be in as good, if not better, health.
(12-28-2009, 04:35 PM)Petertherock Wrote: [ -> ]I believe Cardinal Hoyos is the best possible option to succeed Pope Benedict when God forbid, the time comes.

According to paddypower.com, the top five papabili right now are Cardinal Angelo Scola, Cardinal Oscar Rodriguez Maradiaga, Count Christoph von Schoenborn, Jorge Mario Bergoglio, and Cardinal Tarcisio Bertone.

I am sure Archbishop Burke will be receiving the red zuchetto very soon as well ...  ;)
(12-28-2009, 04:51 PM)Resurrexi Wrote: [ -> ]

According to paddypower.com, the top five papabili right now are Cardinal Angelo Scola, Cardinal Oscar Rodriguez Maradiaga, Count Christoph von Schoenborn, Jorge Mario Bergoglio, and Cardinal Tarcisio Bertone.

Anyone know which, if any, are the most favorable towards trads?

(12-28-2009, 04:53 PM)Petertherock Wrote: [ -> ]

NOT Cardinal von Schonborn.
(12-28-2009, 04:53 PM)Petertherock Wrote: [ -> ]

None. Benedict is the last hope we have for awhile. I'd say though that Bertone would be best since he works so closely with the Holy Father.
Bertone is totally against Fatima, so I don't look forward to him succeeding.

Von Schoenborn is a liberal and so heaven forbid we are punished with him as pope, considering his young age he could do alot of damage.
The only man I would like to see be made Pope is Archbishop Ranjith. Ranjith should have been prefect of the CDW, but the Modernists ran him out of town and is now a bishop in his native Sri Lanka. Ranjith sholude get a red hat. That would put him on the path.
Pages: 1 2 3