FishEaters Traditional Catholic Forums

Full Version: Is Our Lady a Sede?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
Our Lady of La Salette said that Rome would lose the faith. Since our forum owner said saying Rome has lost the faith is "promoting sedevacantism" does this mean Our Lady is a Sede?

http://www.magnificat.ca/cal/engl/09-19.htm

She foretells: “Rome will lose the faith and will become the seat of Antichrist.” To call Her children to combat for God in the days of darkness and sin, the Mother of God concludes:

“I address an urgent appeal to the earth: I summon the true disciples of God who lives and reigns in heaven; I summon the true imitators of Christ made man, the one true Saviour of men; I summon My children, My true devotees, those who have given themselves to Me so that I might lead them to My divine Son, those whom I carry, so to speak, in My arms, those who have lived according to My spirit; finally, I summon the Apostles of the Latter Times, the faithful disciples of Jesus Christ who have lived in scorn of the world and of themselves, in poverty and in humility, in contempt and in silence, in prayer and in mortification, in chastity and in union with God, in suffering and unknown to the world. It is time for them to arise and come forth to enlighten the earth.

“Go, and show yourselves as My cherished children; I am with you and in you, provided that your faith be the light that enlightens you in these days of woe. May your zeal cause you to be as famished for the glory and honor of Jesus Christ. Fight, children of light, you little number who see; for behold the time of times, the end of ends.”

No, it means you are banned.  Goodbye.

Edit to add:  La Salette has its difficulties anyhow, as anyone who researched it would know. 
I've gotten a few e-mails on this asking me about the banning and La Salette, so I'll post my opinion here.

He was banned quite simply because I locked a thread after saying I don't like where the conversation is going and he saw fit to start a new thread, challenge the moderatoration, and imply I think the BVM is a sede.  All that after post after post of anti-Rome tirades.  If people can't understand why he was banned after that, well, maybe the forum rules should be re-read.

As far as La Salette goes:

1) When someone gives virgin birth to the Messiah, then they are entitled to say Rome is the seat of the antichrist.  Until then, don't do it on this forum.

2) Belief in La Salette is not required.  Neither is belief in Fatima.  Sorry to burst people's bubbles, but belief in apparitions are not required of Catholics even trad Catholics.

3) Assuming La Salette happened, there is the problem of what was approved.  The statement about Rome and the anti-Christ were an addendum that came AFTER the Vatican approved the apparition and those that held to it were censured by their bishops.

From the CE entry on La Sallette

http://www.newadvent.org/cathen/09008b.htm

Quote:As said above, the Blessed Virgin confided to each of the two children a special secret. These two secrets, which neither Mélanie or Maximin ever made known to each other, were sent by them in 1851 to Pius IX on the advice of Mgr. de Bruillard. It is unknown what impressions these mysterious revelations made on the pope, for on this point there were two versions diametrically opposed to each other. Maximin's secret is not known, for it was never published. Mélanie's was inserted in its entirety in brochure which she herself had printed in 1879 at Lecce, Italy, with the approval of the bishop of that town. A lively controversy followed as to whether the secret published in 1879 was identical with that communicated to Pius IX in 1851, or in its second form it was not merely a work of the imagination. The latter was the opinion of wise and prudent persons, who were persuaded that a distinction must be made between the two Mélanies, between the innocent and simple voyante of 1846 and the visionary of 1879, whose mind had been disturbed by reading apocalyptic books and the lives of illuminati. As Rome uttered no decision the strife was prolonged between the disputants. Most of the defenders of the text of 1879 suffered censure from their bishops. Maximin Giraud, after an unhappy and wandering life, returned to Corps, his native village, and died there a holy death (1 March, 1875). Mélanie Calvat ended a no less wandering life at Altamura, Italy (15 December, 1904).

So, believe what you like, but don't jam it down other people's throats as "proof" that Rome has lost the faith, etc.

Unlocking thread for discussion on La Sallette.
It's a trap...LOL
(12-29-2009, 11:37 PM)Scipio_a Wrote: [ -> ]It's a trap...LOL

Shh. You'll ruin everything! ;)
I looked into this quote recently.  Apparently it is not contained in any of the copies of either visionary's testimony regarding what Our Lady said to them (but that could just mean its been hidden or burned).  There are other, perhaps even more disturbing, statements.  For example:  the Man of Sin/Perdition/Anti-Christ will be born of a nun.

That has always disturbed me greatly.  Does it mean that the Archangel Lucifer, or just Satan (who may or may not be the same thing) will be incarnated?
There are all kinds of things that float around.  For example:

The anti-Christ will be a real man.
He must be a Jew in order to mislead the Jews (they wouldn't accept a non-Jewish Messiah).
Etc.

These kind of prophecies are not necessary for salvation because to be saved we just follow what the Church always teaches.  Really, prophecies are more to show the truth of something, not to give us a forecast telling us to grab an umbrella.  It tells us ahead of time that all is in God's hands, and no matter what the devil does, God will win.

Some apparitions and things tell us we can avoid problems and suffering by making sacrifices and stuff, but if we are serious about our religion we do that anyhow.  For example, I personally believe in Fatima, so I try to do the things the BVM prescribed there because who wants to suffer when God gives us a way out?  That would be stupid.

The end of the world for us is the day we die whether it is when the vials are poured forth or we are hit by a bus.  The anti-Christ will come in the manner and way God allows; we can't stop it, but we know God wins in the end.  St. Paul told us to hold fast to the Traditions so as not to be misled, and that's what we do.  No worries.
(12-29-2009, 11:55 PM)Zakhur Wrote: [ -> ]I looked into this quote recently.  Apparently it is not contained in any of the copies of either visionary's testimony regarding what Our Lady said to them (but that could just mean its been hidden or burned).  There are other, perhaps even more disturbing, statements.  For example:  the Man of Sin/Perdition/Anti-Christ will be born of a nun.

That has always disturbed me greatly.  Does it mean that the Archangel Lucifer, or just Satan (who may or may not be the same thing) will be incarnated?

These speculations are nothing new.  In the time of St. Thomas More it was commonly thought that the anti-Christ would be born of the union of Martin Luther (a priest) and his wife Katharine von Bora, a former nun.  They had six children, 3 boys and 3 girls, and, as far as I know, none of them turned out to be the anti-Christ.
(12-28-2009, 05:13 PM)QuisUtDeus Wrote: [ -> ]No, it means you are banned.  Goodbye. 

That was awesome.
One must always be careful of putting too much stock into visionaries.
Pages: 1 2 3 4