FishEaters Traditional Catholic Forums

Full Version: The Holy Land Experience - Orlando?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Vetus Ordo Wrote:This is childish and patronizing at the same time. Congratulations.

You're claiming an attribute which only God can have: the know the hearts of others. I don't know the Christian equivalent of this is - surely there must be a proper term (polytheism? blasphemy?) - but what you're claiming in Islamic terminology is called shirk. At any length, yours is surely more than a childish problem.
Being in Orlando, I never did attend this place. Seems very strange as others have pointed out. For Benny Hinn to be a guest there would no surprise as Hinn was once the pastor of a megachurch here and is still connected to this place even though they have had a new pastor for years now. This place according to Florida law is a church/religious organization & is tax exempt. As a result, once a year they have to offer free admission and that usually causes traffic nightmares as more people try to get in than what is allowed. Orlando is a strange place as far as religion goes. There is another tv station that owns an 18 story building in north Orlando (technically, Altamonte Springs) and they still are no where near finished after 10 years of construction (people refer to it as the I-4 eyesore). The Catholic Churches are more Protestant than Wycliffe and the basilica sells Webkinz at their gift store, though their museum has featured some beautiful Catholic art and history.
(12-31-2009, 03:21 PM)OLOMC Wrote: [ -> ]Being in Orlando, I never did attend this place. Seems very strange as others have pointed out. For Benny Hinn to be a guest there would no surprise as Hinn was once the pastor of a megachurch here and is still connected to this place even though they have had a new pastor for years now. This place according to Florida law is a church/religious organization & is tax exempt. As a result, once a year they have to offer free admission and that usually causes traffic nightmares as more people try to get in than what is allowed. Orlando is a strange place as far as religion goes. There is another tv station that owns an 18 story building in north Orlando (technically, Altamonte Springs) and they still are no where near finished after 10 years of construction (people refer to it as the I-4 eyesore). The Catholic Churches are more Protestant than Wycliffe and the basilica sells Webkinz at their gift store, though their museum has featured some beautiful Catholic art and history.

I was on vacation in Orlando recently. Though the Western Catholic churches there may be disappointing, the Byzantine Catholic church is amazing.
(12-31-2009, 12:11 PM)Credo Wrote: [ -> ]
Vetus Ordo Wrote:This is childish and patronizing at the same time. Congratulations.

You're claiming an attribute which only God can have: the know the hearts of others. I don't know the Christian equivalent of this is - surely there must be a proper term (polytheism? blasphemy?) - but what you're claiming in Islamic terminology is called shirk. At any length, yours is surely more than a childish problem.

I see you're acquainted with Islamic terminology, that's interesting. In fact, shirk (polytheism) is defined as the worship of others along with God. It also implies to claim divine attributes to any other besides God and it particularly implies associating partners in worship with Him or believing that the source of power, harm or blessings is from others besides Him.

However, as for "claiming attributes which only God can have" when I stated that their heart was not in the proper place, it seems as an exaggerated conclusion on your part. It was clearly not my intention, neither was the context of my original post implying that in any way. It was just common sense. I must remind you, though, that you were the first one to claim that:

(12-30-2009, 09:36 PM)Credo Wrote: [ -> ]the heart's of the park's founders are in the right place.

It seems you can "know the hearts of others" as well. Nevertheless, Credo, I won't play this petty game with you.

I'm sorry if I've been rude to you. Have a blessed year, I'm off to celebrate a bit.
Pages: 1 2