FishEaters Traditional Catholic Forums

Full Version: Secrets in apparitions
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
(12-30-2009, 09:57 PM)StrictCatholicGirl Wrote: [ -> ]
(12-30-2009, 09:45 PM)unknown Wrote: [ -> ]The 3rd Secret of Fatima was supposed to be released to the 'world' in 1960. 

Was the secret supposed to be revealed to the world? Or was the Pope just supposed to open and read the contents of the letter without revealing it to the public? I have forgotten. 

- Lisa

Yes, it was supposed to be revealed to the world.
You are all familiar with this God reveals these things to the little ones, to paraphrase.
tim
(12-30-2009, 06:22 PM)amasimp Wrote: [ -> ]I asked a quesiton in another thread as kind of an aside, but it is something I've always wondered so I thought I'd start another thread devoted to it.

Why does Our Lady leave secrets during apparitions?  If something is so important, especially when it deals with the salvation of humanity, why keep it a secret that only the seers and a few others know about?

It's an interesting question that I've always wondered about as well.  Apparently it is God's way of doing things.  Sacred Scripture contains secrets, too,
(12-31-2009, 06:06 PM)DJR Wrote: [ -> ]It's an interesting question that I've always wondered about as well.  Apparently it is God's way of doing things.  Sacred Scripture contains secrets, too,

But secrets are made to be revealed:

Luke 12:2-3 Wrote:For there is nothing covered, that shall not be revealed: nor hidden, that shall not be known. For whatsoever things you have spoken in darkness, shall be published in the light: and that which you have spoken in the ear in the chambers, shall be preached on the housetops.

Luke 24:45 Wrote:Then he opened their understanding, that they might understand the scriptures.
(12-31-2009, 06:06 PM)DJR Wrote: [ -> ]Sacred Scripture contains secrets, too,

Yes, and Sr. Lucia said that the Third Secret of Fatima can be found in Apocalypse chapters 8-13.  In other words, the real Third Secret most likely contains information elucidating the "secret" meaning of certain chapters of the Apocalypse and its implications for us, information the Vatican chose not to share with the rest of us despite the fact that Sr. Lucia said the information was intended for the world.  In his book from the 1990's, Pope JPII referred to these events as ones that seemed "close to their fulfillment."  And then on May 13, 2000, he warned the faithful that the Message of Fatima is a warning about the Apocalypse, citing specifically to Apocalypse 12:4, which of course falls into the range specified by Sr. Lucia.  And Pope JPII knew very well how this chapter and verse have been interpreted in Catholic commentaries.  That's pretty much what much of Fr. Malachi Martin's book, Windswept House, published a couple years earlier was about. He said he read the Secret in 1960, and it's too much of a coincidence.  In a way, this book along with his interviews on the subject is probably the most complete telling we have of this Secret, even if there's still something missing beyond what he wrote/said. 
Pages: 1 2