FishEaters Traditional Catholic Forums

Full Version: Secrets in apparitions
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I asked a quesiton in another thread as kind of an aside, but it is something I've always wondered so I thought I'd start another thread devoted to it.

Why does Our Lady leave secrets during apparitions?  If something is so important, especially when it deals with the salvation of humanity, why keep it a secret that only the seers and a few others know about?
I would guess because the secrets are for the clergy and hierarchy. God wants his clergymen to act and lead the Church. The Church leads men to salvation. They are his vicars and representatives. God set up a clerical and hierarchical Church to represent Christ with all his powers.
Then why for the most part are apperatipns npot tp clergy or the hierarchy?
La salette, Fatima lourdes
We are talking about secrets of an apparition, not the message itself or the apparition. The apparition and messages are for all men. They are a call to repentance. Then there are those secrets for the Pope and Church to act on.

God doesn't choose proud clergymen to receive these messages, but always the humble nobody.  A peasant or some pious individual to bring the message to the world. His power is given to the weak to shame the wise.
(12-30-2009, 06:22 PM)amasimp Wrote: [ -> ]Why does Our Lady leave secrets during apparitions?  If something is so important, especially when it deals with the salvation of humanity, why keep it a secret that only the seers and a few others know about?

Secrets are rather rare.

Perhaps they are given because the timing of them is important, but people are not so timely.
Varietas delectat (not God, us). The ordinary form of the interpretation of God's will in the living Magisterium, some extraordinary form are the apparitions.

Imho the message of an apparition

- which is coming from God is 'secret' because God wants to emphasize that the approval of the Magisterium is necessary for any private revelation

- which is coming fro ungodly supernatural forces is 'secret' because it sells better, and the adversary wants to sell his message
(12-30-2009, 06:57 PM)devotedknuckles Wrote: [ -> ]Then why for the most part are apperatipns npot tp clergy or the hierarchy?
La salette, Fatima lourdes

Garbandal also.
But at Lourdes St Bernadette later became a nun, as did sister Lucy at Fatima, and lets not forget Akita. Theres more too.
And She often appeared to Padre Pio it is said.
(12-30-2009, 06:22 PM)amasimp Wrote: [ -> ]I asked a quesiton in another thread as kind of an aside, but it is something I've always wondered so I thought I'd start another thread devoted to it.

Why does Our Lady leave secrets during apparitions?  If something is so important, especially when it deals with the salvation of humanity, why keep it a secret that only the seers and a few others know about?

The 3rd Secret of Fatima was supposed to be released to the 'world' in 1960. 

(12-30-2009, 09:45 PM)unknown Wrote: [ -> ]The 3rd Secret of Fatima was supposed to be released to the 'world' in 1960. 

Was the secret supposed to be revealed to the world? Or was the Pope just supposed to open and read the contents of the letter without revealing it to the public? I have forgotten. 

- Lisa
He was certainly NOT supposed to say the secret had been "revealed in its entirity" when it clearly has not been. That was an outright lie.

Our Lady is a woman (as are most seers in modern times) and women - in my experience - love secrets.
Pages: 1 2