FishEaters Traditional Catholic Forums

Full Version: Bishop Jailed for Molestation and Selling Drugs from Church
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Of course, this was the opening salvo on the Los Angeles local news telecasts.
Here is the link to the story.
http://www.myfoxla.com/dpp/news/local/bi...e-20091230

I was unable to find a Bishop Garduno in a listing of Roman Catholic bishops in California.  If he is not Roman Catholic, then the news has it wrong, but as we could expect.

http://www.ktla.com/news/landing/ktla-bi...9563.story

HOME GARDENS, Riverside County -- A self proclaimed bishop is under arrest accused of molesting young boys and selling drugs from inside his church, according to authorities....

He's not Catholic. They made the same mistake when this "Bishop" was shot during some kind of robbery.
This from PE.com:

Garduno, a defrocked Roman Catholic priest, has a controversial past.

In 1993, while associate pastor of St. Edward's Church in Corona, he was accused of asking a man to strip during a pre-marriage counseling session. Garduno left that church in late 1993.

John Andrews, director of communications for the Roman Catholic Diocese of San Bernardino, said Garduno was put on trial for schism and heresy for forming his own church and was dismissed from the clerical state.

Garduno, who has repeatedly denied any sexual misconduct, did not attend the trial.

Andrews said Our Lady of Tepeyac is now associated with the Old Catholic Church -- a movement that began in 1870 when some European Roman Catholic parishes split from the Roman Catholic Church and rejected the First Vatican Council's declaration that the pope is infallible in matters of faith.
Thanks for this clarification.  I wish the reports would say Old Catholic rather than tar all of us with the same brush.
(12-30-2009, 11:19 PM)OSanctissima Wrote: [ -> ]Thanks for this clarification.  I wish the reports would say Old Catholic rather than tar all of us with the same brush.
But that would give the impression that not all Catholics are perverts! Can't have that.
[quote='mike6240' pid='494369' dateline='1262228423']

:laughing: Gotta love the NO.