FishEaters Traditional Catholic Forums

Full Version: Signs from God
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I was wondering if anyone here has had a sign from God? Maybe something big like a vision or some small everyday thing. Maybe they'd want to share. I think I had one 12 months ago. I was doubting the will of God for my life and asked Him to show me the consequences of rejecting him. It was a pretty emotional (and definitely melodramatic) prayer. I was expecting a vision of Hell with fire and all that, but it didn't come. A few hours later though I went to bed and couldn't get to sleep. I started feeling very hot and then very cold, had trouble breathing and my eyes were watering. I went to the bathroom thinking I was about to vomit, I didn't, wen't back to my bed and then vomitted. When I stopped vomitting I tried to get to sleep but was too sick and uncomfortable to relax. Then I went into a few moments of numbness, it wasn't despair or anything. It was just a very intense feeling of absence and nothingness. I couldn't think about anything, even what I was feeling, but sat in my room feeling completely void. It was a very soft, almost tender, feeling of sadness. After about 20 minutes that passed and I tried to get some sleep. It never came. The next morning I had a shower and started to feel a bit better. I still can't figure out if it was God or my mother's attempt at Indian food that caused that night.

Anything from you guys?
Yes -- I've gone on a pilgrimage, have said many novenas, and have spent a lot of time in front of the Blessed Sacrament praying for a particular intention. I think I'm getting signs from God. They are constantly occurring and always come out of nowhere (i.e. I'm never looking for signs). However, even though some are very obvious (like someone randomly blurting out a very meaningful word in the parking lot after Mass. Not an everyday word at all - something very specific and meaningful to me.), I'm very confused about whether or not my prayers have actually been answered. Why? Because there are so many obstacles if this is the case and I don't know what to think.

I know I've made absolutely NO SENSE whatsoever. LOL
I hadn't talked to my little sister in three years.  Never gave it a second thought.

One night, it really hit me...and I prayed to God for a reconciliation.

Next day, my sister called me and asked us to come stay for the weekend.
(01-01-2010, 09:28 AM)DesperatelySeeking Wrote: [ -> ]I hadn't talked to my little sister in three years.  Never gave it a second thought.

Wow, that's wonderful! Deo gratias!!!
(01-01-2010, 09:33 AM)Mafalda Wrote: [ -> ]
(01-01-2010, 09:28 AM)DesperatelySeeking Wrote: [ -> ]I hadn't talked to my little sister in three years.  Never gave it a second thought.

Wow, that's wonderful! Deo gratias!!!

Isn't it?  I am totally amazed to this day.
23 years ago my  2 week old son was diagnosed  with bacterial meningitis. Was prayed by a group of charismatic catholic women who said that there was something wrong with his head before there were any signs or a diagnosis was made. I told my mother I  thought they were witches ( gulp) We were told that there was a likely probability of brain damage, possible limb loss and possible deafness ( deafness a resultf the antibioics used) and perhaps death  He survived absolutely normal...has two children of his own is working towards a degree.
I don't know if I have or not but the events of the past few days make me think hard about it. It really hit me that I needed to man up spiritually and get control of myself. This drove me to go to confession and I have never felt that sorry for offending God in my life.Then yesterday during Mass and Holy Hour afterward that feeling just got stronger and stronger until what was once doubt about my ability to do it have been transformed into absolute confidence that I need not rely solely upon myself but if I give it all to God He will give me the strength. Then last night as I prayed I felt so aware of God and the strength that is available from Him if only I am humble enough to accept it. Last night I dreamed that I had offended God with all these sins that I have committed so easily and without much guilt in the past and I was filled guilt and horror like I have never felt before. I would wake up every hour or so and be shaking and in a cold sweat I felt all of my past sins like a physical weight before I would go back to sleep and dream about more instances where I had sinned without guilt. Every time I would wake up I would say an act of contrition and when I awoke this morning I just sat on the end of my bed with my head in my hands thinking about all that I had done and how I had offended God. You know that phrase in the prayer after confession in the missal where it says something like "Let me prefer death to sin"? I actually think I understand that now. I don't know, all of this has completely changed me and I didn't do it, I was fine with the way I was before. I'm not the same person I was a few days ago-something fundamental in my makeup has been altered...for the better.
Some time back I posted here that my oldest son, who was and is unbaptized because his mother was a hippy, had decided he was atheist. ATC (Kathy) set me up with a great prayer for our family to use for intercessions. Said son is now working on being accepted into the Church this year. I didn't think it was possible. Whaddaya know?

edited for spelling
(01-01-2010, 05:17 PM)ResiduumRevertetur Wrote: [ -> ]Some time back I posted here that my oldest son, who was and is unbaptized because his mother was a hippy, had decided he was atheist. ATC (Kathy) set me up with a great prayer for our family to use for intercessions. Said son is now working on being accepted into the Church this year. I didn't think it was possible. Whaddaya know?

edited for spelling

Awesome!!!!!