FishEaters Traditional Catholic Forums

Full Version: i went to a tlm today...
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11
it wasn't my first, but it turned out to be a solemn high mass, which i think is my first for that.  wow!  there was no instrumentation, all gregorian chant except for three hymns.  as a loyal melkite catholic, i can honestly say the solemn high mass is the second most beautiful thing this side of heaven! ;)  it is plain to see that this is the authentic roman liturgy, why anyone would prefer a novus ordo mass is beyond me.
(01-01-2010, 06:24 PM)Melkite Wrote: [ -> ]it wasn't my first, but it turned out to be a solemn high mass, which i think is my first for that.  wow!  there was no instrumentation, all gregorian chant except for three hymns.  as a loyal melkite catholic, i can honestly say the solemn high mass is the second most beautiful thing this side of heaven! ;)  it is plain to see that this is the authentic roman liturgy, why anyone would prefer a novus ordo mass is beyond me.

I second that!
(01-01-2010, 06:24 PM)Melkite Wrote: [ -> ]it wasn't my first, but it turned out to be a solemn high mass, which i think is my first for that.  wow!  there was no instrumentation, all gregorian chant except for three hymns.  as a loyal melkite catholic, i can honestly say the solemn high mass is the second most beautiful thing this side of heaven! ;)  it is plain to see that this is the authentic roman liturgy, why anyone would prefer a novus ordo mass is beyond me.

:thumb:
Melkite Wrote:it is plain to see that this is the authentic roman liturgy, why anyone would prefer a novus ordo mass is beyond me.

Preferences aside, the revised missal - the "Novus Ordo Missae" - is an authentic element of the Latin Rite.
(01-01-2010, 07:37 PM)Credo Wrote: [ -> ]
Melkite Wrote:it is plain to see that this is the authentic roman liturgy, why anyone would prefer a novus ordo mass is beyond me.

Preferences aside, the revised missal - the "Novus Ordo Missae" - is an authentic element of the Latin Rite.

But he is not putting preferences aside. He specifically mentioned preferences:

"[W]hy anyone would prefer a novus ordo mass is beyond me."

I don't think he is challenging the "...authentic element of the [Novus Ordo]."
sorry for any confusion, i was in no way questioning the validity of the novus ordo.
There was no confusion here.  :laughing:
Melkite Wrote:as a loyal melkite catholic

Melkite, do you know of any resources on the Eastern Rites for those who know next to nothing about the Eastern Churches?
(01-01-2010, 09:00 PM)Credo Wrote: [ -> ]
Melkite Wrote:as a loyal melkite catholic

Melkite, do you know of any resources on the Eastern Rites for those who know next to nothing about the Eastern Churches?

Good question. I'd be interesting in learning about this as well.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11