FishEaters Traditional Catholic Forums

Full Version: Want to see Epiphany Mass LIVE from St. Peter's?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3

it will be broadcast on EWTN at 4:00 a.m. EST Wednesday, which is 10 a.m. in Rome, on January 6, Epiphany.   no moving Epiphany to Jan. 3 in Rome, Deo gratias.

there will be a re-broadcast later on Wednesday, i think in the afternoon, if 4 a.m. doesn't work for you.  and there's always DVR, or VCR.

last year during the Epiphany Mass, Pope Benedict personally baptised 13 babies, and it was a beautiful thing to see all the babies and the pope performing the sacrament. he looked joyful while baptising them.

[since 13 is generally considered an unlucky number, being the number at the Last Supper before Judas departed, and since there were 12 Apostles, 12 tribes of Israel, i think it's likely that 12 expectant couples were chosen in advance, but one couple had twins, making 13 bambini.  if my guess is right, i'm glad the twins weren't shuffled aside and a singleton substituted.  we're not supposed to believe in luck and if 13 were a 'bad' number, would Our Lady of Fatima have always appeared on the 13th of the month?]

i don't know if he will be baptising babies this Epiphany but he is celebrating the Mass of the Solemnity of the Epiphany on Epiphany

Mille grazie, Papa.  Grazie, Mother Angelica, too, for founding EWTN.  There is still a lot worth watching there.

If it is a new mass, and I presume you would have told us if it was not, then I won't be tuning in the live broadcast or the recorded highlights.
Amen to that.  I'll be attending my parish for a proper TLM today.  Our Church may not be St Peter's, but I'll take a proper Mass there over a NO at St Peter's any day.

Now, if it was a Papal TLM from St Peter's, I might be interested.

Blessings,
Pray
Steve
(01-05-2010, 07:28 PM)Stevo Wrote: [ -> ]Now, if it was a Papal TLM from St Peter's, I might be interested.
I nominate that to be THE understatment of the decade  ;D
(01-05-2010, 05:31 PM)i.p.i. Wrote: [ -> ]it will be broadcast on EWTN at 4:00 a.m. EST Wednesday, which is 10 a.m. in Rome, on January 6, Epiphany.   no moving Epiphany to Jan. 3 in Rome, Deo gratias.

there will be a re-broadcast later on Wednesday, i think in the afternoon, if 4 a.m. doesn't work for you.  and there's always DVR, or VCR.

last year during the Epiphany Mass, Pope Benedict personally baptised 13 babies, and it was a beautiful thing to see all the babies and the pope performing the sacrament. he looked joyful while baptising them.

[since 13 is generally considered an unlucky number, being the number at the Last Supper before Judas departed, and since there were 12 Apostles, 12 tribes of Israel, i think it's likely that 12 expectant couples were chosen in advance, but one couple had twins, making 13 bambini.  if my guess is right, i'm glad the twins weren't shuffled aside and a singleton substituted.  we're not supposed to believe in luck and if 13 were a 'bad' number, would Our Lady of Fatima have always appeared on the 13th of the month?]

i don't know if he will be baptising babies this Epiphany but he is celebrating the Mass of the Solemnity of the Epiphany on Epiphany!   

Mille grazie, Papa.  Grazie, Mother Angelica, too, for founding EWTN.  There is still a lot worth watching there.
  I guess there are only 9 days of Christmas in the USA instead of 12.
Thanks for the message. It will be broadcast again at noon (ET) on the regular daily Mass time.
some trads are picky, picky, picky.  if you've never been to st. peter's, you might at least enjoy the visuals.  i've been there several times and i always enjoy the visuals because you get views from many angles, including high up looking down on the baldachino over the altar, that you do not get when you're in St. Peter's.

and for those of us who have no access to a TLM and are prevented by health problems from attending our local NO often, Mass on tv is all we get.  pray you're never in our/ my situation.  

I doubt that God thinks well of holier-than-thou, my-Mass-is-better-than-yours and I'm-more-Catholic-than-the-Pope types.  

(01-05-2010, 08:27 PM)glgas Wrote: [ -> ]Thanks for the message. It will be broadcast again at noon (ET) on the regular daily Mass time.

thank YOU for not insulting me for posting info about a live papal Mass at St. Peter's in Rome.  i am really fed up with the anti-NO talk here.  it is not only rude but against FE rules.
(01-05-2010, 08:31 PM)i.p.i. Wrote: [ -> ]and for those of us who have no access to a TLM and are prevented by health problems from attending our local NO often, Mass on tv is all we get.  pray you're never in our/ my situation.  

Here's the TLM which is broadcast daily on streaming video by the FSSP in Florida:

http://www.christthekingsarasota.org/
(01-05-2010, 08:37 PM)SaintRafael Wrote: [ -> ]
(01-05-2010, 08:31 PM)i.p.i. Wrote: [ -> ]and for those of us who have no access to a TLM and are prevented by health problems from attending our local NO often, Mass on tv is all we get.  pray you're never in our/ my situation.  

Here's the TLM which is broadcast daily on streaming video by the FSSP in Florida:

http://www.christthekingsarasota.org/

thank you very much for your charity to the sick.  God bless you.

Pages: 1 2 3