FishEaters Traditional Catholic Forums

Full Version: Brussels Sprouts
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I need some new way to fix them, preferably in the next half hour.
Cut in half, vertically through the stem.  Blanche and cool in an ice bath.

Saute in a little butter with coarsely sliced onion over medium heat until the sprouts are browned a little and have good carmelization in spots.  Toss in some slivered almonds or english walnuts.

Eat spectacularly.  It will rekindle your belief in brussels sprouts.
I was hoping someone would use the term "ice bath."

I knew I could count on you, WRC.
When my sisters and I were naughty as children my mother would threaten to serve us pig snouts and Brussels sprouts for dinner...blech!

:pig:
If B.S are small leave whole if large cut in half. Blanche in boiling water and refresh in ice water.

Heat a saute pan or a wok and add a knob of butter, when butter is melted add the drained sprouts and sautee in the butter. Season with salt and pepper and nutmeg add some double cream and reduce.

Pax

Here's my recipe for brussel sprouts:

1) Throw them in the garbage.
2) Make fries.
I'd never eat anything named after a place that doesn't exist.  You're just playing into the NWO's plans.
(01-08-2010, 11:26 PM)QuisUtDeus Wrote: [ -> ]Here's my recipe for brussel sprouts:

2) Make fries.

Truly, the vegetable of Satan.
(01-08-2010, 09:39 PM)Spero Wrote: [ -> ]If B.S are small leave whole if large cut in half. Blanche in boiling water and refresh in ice water.

Heat a saute pan or a wok and add a knob of butter, when butter is melted add the drained sprouts and sautee in the butter. Season with salt and pepper and nutmeg add some double cream and reduce.

Pax

This is also good.  We do them like this sometimes-- toss in a little parmesan and romano cheese and we basically make brussels sprouts alfredo!
(01-09-2010, 11:17 AM)DesperatelySeeking Wrote: [ -> ]
(01-08-2010, 11:26 PM)QuisUtDeus Wrote: [ -> ]Here's my recipe for brussel sprouts:

2) Make fries.

Truly, the vegetable of Satan.

Culinary calumny!
Pages: 1 2