FishEaters Traditional Catholic Forums

Full Version: FRom the Prayer of the Church
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
1 Cor 1:10-13
10 Now I beseech you, brethren, by the name of our Lord Jesus Christ, that you all speak the same thing, and that there be no schisms among you; but that you be perfect in the same mind, and in the same judgment.
11 For it hath been signified unto me, my brethren, of you, by them that are of the house of Chloe, that there are contentions among you.
12 Now this I say, that every one of you saith: I indeed am of Paul; and I am of Apollo; and I am of Cephas; and I of Christ.
13 Is Christ divided? Was Paul then crucified for you? or were you baptized in the name of Paul?

The Unity (inside the Hierarchical Jurisdictional Church)  makes the Catholics, not the rubrics.
Are you just trying to cause trouble? (You could at least do it in some sort of understandable way)

Youre totally ignoring all the issues with one blanket statement, using a biblical quote.

That is behaving like a protestant. Only protestants argue purely with scripture like that to try and demolish Catholic teachings.

Sorry glgas, its just not working. You dont understand the issues, you cant speak English and you havent a bulls notion whats going on.

Not to mention the fact that whenever youre proved wrong, you mysteriously disappear from that thread, only to post a new topic like this.

Your motto seems to be : 'If I am proved wrong, I will just ignore the point, change the topic and try to prove a new point'. Very dishonest. You cant even admit to yourself that you are wrong about ALL the many many many many many times you have been proven wrong here on fisheaters!
Unity in Truth Hotgas, unity in Truth.  You and the Fraternal Order of the Feast of the Fondlers with the rainbow dresses ain't with the truth.
LOL
Fraternal order of the feast of the fondlers...thats actually the first time I have laughed out loud to something on the internet....how do you come up with this stuff Scipio?
(01-11-2010, 09:56 AM)glgas Wrote: [ -> ]1 Cor 1:10-13
10 Now I beseech you, brethren, by the name of our Lord Jesus Christ, that you all speak the same thing, and that there be no schisms among you; but that you be perfect in the same mind, and in the same judgment.
11 For it hath been signified unto me, my brethren, of you, by them that are of the house of Chloe, that there are contentions among you.
12 Now this I say, that every one of you saith: I indeed am of Paul; and I am of Apollo; and I am of Cephas; and I of Christ.
13 Is Christ divided? Was Paul then crucified for you? or were you baptized in the name of Paul?

The Unity (inside the Hierarchical Jurisdictional Church)  makes the Catholics, not the rubrics.

Boy, I'm so tempted to interpret these biblical quotes the way I see them but I'm not going to fall into that trap.  I will say one thing - those who you see as causing schisms may be the opposite of those who others see as causing schisms.
(01-11-2010, 11:37 AM)Scipio_a Wrote: [ -> ]Unity in Truth Hotgas, unity in Truth.  You and the Fraternal Order of the Feast of the Fondlers with the rainbow dresses ain't with the truth.

:laughing:

(01-11-2010, 10:32 AM)tradmaverick Wrote: [ -> ]That is behaving like a protestant. Only protestants argue purely with scripture like that to try and demolish Catholic teachings.

Pope,Tradition scripture. That's what bought me back to the RC church. I have a lot t learn about tradition ( and scripture and the papacy)

(01-11-2010, 09:56 AM)glgas Wrote: [ -> ]1 Cor 1:10-13

The Unity is shown externally by the rubrics in which the public prayer of the Church is unified.  The Unity is a visible unity, not just internal.

Further, St. Paul later went on to condemn the feasting at the services (i.e., liturgical abuses).  Rubrics (and obeying them) do count.

(01-11-2010, 11:37 AM)Scipio_a Wrote: [ -> ]Unity in Truth Hotgas, unity in Truth.  You and the Fraternal Order of the Feast of the Fondlers with the rainbow dresses ain't with the truth.

Dude, you're killing me!  :laughing: