FishEaters Traditional Catholic Forums

Full Version: Sovereign Order of Saint John of Jerusalem
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
Thanks padre
Sip sip
The Knights of Saint John were once one of the most glorious orders of the Church. As DK pointed out, they waged many battles against the mohammedans and stood firm on the defense of the faith and the poor. The siege of Malta in the 16th century when the knights defended the island against the turks is one of the most renowned battles of all time.

Nowadays, as many other once glorious orders of the Church, the knights have gone astray. Too bad.
The so-called Sovereign Order of Saint John of Jerusalem is a modern invention with a fantasy history by wannabe knights.

The characterisation of the genuine Order (the SMOM - www.orderofmalta,org) as some kind of rich man's foible is an extraordinary calumny. The white cross of the Order may be found in the service of mankind in more countries than any other charitable body aside from the Red Cross. Right now a team from the Order is serving in Haiti where it has fr long maintained a hospital - the US delegate for its international humanitarian arm, Malteser International, is sending a team working in conjunction with Poland which is providing an aircraft (see http://www.malteser.de/61.Malteser_Inter...efault.htm and http://www.maltarelief.org/). The German Association of the Order was the first organisation to set up schools for girls  in Afghanistan and the Order gave the lead in providing relief in India after the  Tsunami. These actions all involved knights serving in dangerous places. In the Holy Land the Order runs the largest maternity hospital serving the Palestinian Arabs (Holy Family Hospital, Bethlehem). These are just a few of the many humanitarian actins undertaken by the Order across the world. Guy Sainty (knight of Malta)
Yes and this proves my point. Serving hospitals and the poor is all good and dandy but ur order was a crusader order. Not a social worker order. Sure I know founded as a hospital ect ect ect but cleaning up haiti and fightin the mohamadan is different. Anyhooo
So ur saying the order of malta is different then the order of st john. So the order of st john is a poser order
Interesting
I argue this.
U knights need to get ur balls back u got the loot now use to to fight the mohamadan scurge. Organize again. Until then I stand by my staements and I do concede if u want to convince me then pm me and invite to some ur secret clubs for a drink. Ill sip with some knights
Sure
Sip sip
I await ur pm
(01-16-2010, 01:49 PM)Guy_Sainty Wrote: [ -> ]The characterisation of the genuine Order (the SMOM - www.orderofmalta,org) as some kind of rich man's foible is an extraordinary calumny. The white cross of the Order may be found in the service of mankind in more countries than any other charitable body aside from the Red Cross. Right now a team from the Order is serving in Haiti where it has fr long maintained a hospital - the US delegate for its international humanitarian arm, Malteser International, is sending a team working in conjunction with Poland which is providing an aircraft (see http://www.malteser.de/61.Malteser_Inter...efault.htm and http://www.maltarelief.org/). The German Association of the Order was the first organisation to set up schools for girls  in Afghanistan and the Order gave the lead in providing relief in India after the  Tsunami. These actions all involved knights serving in dangerous places. In the Holy Land the Order runs the largest maternity hospital serving the Palestinian Arabs (Holy Family Hospital, Bethlehem). These are just a few of the many humanitarian actins undertaken by the Order across the world. Guy Sainty (knight of Malta)

Hear, hear.

Mr. Sainty, you're the author of the link I posted, correct?
So wait. A second this order that is active in more countries then any other is not a richmans club
I don't need to sound a grump but isn't that being a tad bit dishonest.
Can u be a member without being loaded?
Just sayin and again my point is u should be killin mohamadans not cleaning diapers
Sip
Pages: 1 2 3