FishEaters Traditional Catholic Forums

Full Version: Archbishops Wuerl and Burke to get the Cardinal's hat.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3

Surely, we all remember Bishop Wuerl from back in the day, and when he refused to deny Nancy "Lugosi" Pelosi Holy Communion?

http://eponymousflower.blogspot.com/2010...e-are.html
The title is misleading.  The article indicates only one of them is likely to be made a cardinal.  Hopefully, it will be Burke.
(01-19-2010, 03:29 PM)cgraye Wrote: [ -> ]The title is misleading.  The article indicates only one of them is likely to be made a cardinal.  Hopefully, it will be Burke.

Both are indeed likely to get hats.
:pray2:
(01-19-2010, 05:50 PM)Bellringer Wrote:£10 on Burke!
;)

Real money on the other guy...

($, USD, Greenbacks)
When Burke was Archbishop of St. Louis he promoted the Sacred Heart devotion and enthronement and made sure that written material was distributed to all his parishes. I so hope and pray that he is our next pope (I know I'm getting ahead of myself) but if he was pope I'm sure he would be a friend to tradition - if not traditional himself. He would definitely promote the Social Reign of Christ through the Sacred Heart devotion. But the writer of the article said that Burke has a "slim chance" of getting the Cardinal's hat. I'm putting my trust in God.

- Lisa
It seems as though every time I read The New Liturgical Movement, Abp. Burke's name is always at the forefront.
[Image: enthrone_abpburke.jpg]
:laughing:
The source is the Washington Times.  Excuse me if I don't listen at all to what Sun Myung Moon's batcrap crazy Unification Church has to say about the College of Cardinals.
(01-19-2010, 06:03 PM)WhollyRoaminCatholic Wrote: [ -> ]:laughing:
The source is the Washington Times.  Excuse me if I don't listen at all to what Sun Myung Moon's batcrap crazy Unification Church has to say about the College of Cardinals.

I don't disagree with you, but I still think it's pretty likely that both Archbishops Burke and Wuerl will get a red hat.  Without considering anything else, both of them are currently in positions that are traditionally "awarded" a red hat.

Every prefect of the Apostolic Signatura has gotten the red hat, as has every Archbishop of Washington.

On top of that, by then end of 2010, there will be 2 less American Cardinal electors (Maider and McCarrick), so His Holiness wil be able to appoint 2 new American Cardinals while more or less maintaining the status quo.

As I side note, I think Archbishop Dolan will get a red hat too, but probably at the consistory after next.

Blessings,
:pray:
Steve
Pages: 1 2 3