FishEaters Traditional Catholic Forums

Full Version: What to do with the Taj-Mahoney???
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
Ok so that eyesore that thinks it self a Cathedral in Los Angeles...

How can we dispose of it and reimburse the diocese for at least some of the loss on it.

I say tare it down and and sell the concrete as recycle material... Although I am not sure that concrete can be recycled.
Ship it, piece by piece, to Las Vegas....it's true home.
Convert it into a theater or art gallery or something (after removing everything sacred from it -- shouldn't be too hard).
Make some money that way; lots of people like a modern looking building for those purposes.

Edit: fixed comma splice.
(01-23-2010, 02:25 PM)Louis_Martin Wrote: [ -> ]Convert it into a theater or art gallery or something (after removing everything sacred from it -- shouldn't be too hard).
Make some money that way, lots of people like a modern looking building for those purposes.

That is true like a Modern Art gallery a building that think it self a Cathedral home to things that think them selves Art. Good concept.
How about a monster truck arena?
(01-23-2010, 02:59 PM)AlanF Wrote: [ -> ]How about a monster truck arena?

I dont think we are going to get much of our money back on that way.
(01-23-2010, 03:17 PM)Unum Sint Wrote: [ -> ]

are you kidding?  in america, more people will pay to see monster trucks than will go see art for free. 

we could sell it to a protestant group for a megachurch.
(01-23-2010, 02:25 PM)Louis_Martin Wrote: [ -> ]Edit: fixed comma splice.

Excuse the derailing.  I'm just so excited to see someone who knows what a comma splice is (and is willing to talk about it).  :chleader:
Historically, the temples of the pagans were destroyed and churches built in their place, or else adapted to Christian use.
(01-23-2010, 03:36 PM)i.p.i. Wrote: [ -> ]
(01-23-2010, 03:17 PM)Unum Sint Wrote: [ -> ]

are you kidding?  in america, more people will pay to see monster trucks than will go see art for free.   

we could sell it to a protestant group for a megachurch.

You wouldn't even need a change of use licence then.
Pages: 1 2 3