FishEaters Traditional Catholic Forums

Full Version: Photos from Bp Williamson's private Mass
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
Beautiful....thank you very much!

There are some great shots there, make sure you never lose these pictures!!
Nice! Did he let you in the sacristy to take pics of him vesting or did you have to sneak in? I wish I could go to a Mass celebrated by the best man in the Church.
Handsome photos; but why is +W wearing the maniple before Mass?
Very nice!  Good to see +W looking well!
(01-26-2010, 01:53 PM)Kauman Wrote: [ -> ]Handsome photos; but why is +W wearing the maniple before Mass?

He was vesting quite obviously.
(01-26-2010, 03:23 PM)tradmaverick Wrote: [ -> ]
(01-26-2010, 01:53 PM)Kauman Wrote: [ -> ]Handsome photos; but why is +W wearing the maniple before Mass?

Kauman is referring to the rubric which says that bishops, unlike priests and deacons, put on the maniple after the Confiteor.

I've read that bishops of the Society have their own set of liturgical oddities. For example, bishops can only offer Pontifical Mass from the Throne if they're the ordinary of the diocese that the church is in. Otherwise, they officiate at Mass from the faldstool. The faldstool is symbolic of the folding-chair that bishops had in their carriages when they traveled around. But apparently, SSPX bishops say Mass from the throne anyway.
(01-26-2010, 03:39 PM)The_Harlequin_King Wrote: [ -> ]

Kauman is referring to the rubric which says that bishops, unlike priests and deacons, put on the maniple after the Confiteor.

I've read that bishops of the Society have their own set of liturgical oddities. For example, bishops can only offer Pontifical Mass from the Throne if they're the ordinary of the diocese that the church is in. Otherwise, they officiate at Mass from the faldstool. The faldstool is symbolic of the folding-chair that bishops had in their carriages when they traveled around. But apparently, SSPX bishops say Mass from the throne anyway.

I think they would apply that rule if, say (and this may not happen in a long time), they were invited to perform a mass at a non-SSPX chapel/parish. Since that is outside the SSPX jurisdiction they would treat it as if they are travelling outside their respective diocesan rule and use the faldstool.
(01-26-2010, 03:39 PM)The_Harlequin_King Wrote: [ -> ]

He probably needs Gerard there to tell him what to do.
(01-26-2010, 03:39 PM)The_Harlequin_King Wrote: [ -> ]Kauman is referring to the rubric which says that bishops, unlike priests and deacons, put on the maniple after the Confiteor.

Perhaps that doesnt apply to low masses, with the maniple. Im sure he knows what he is doing.

As for liturgical oddities, that is one thing the enemies of the SSPX and indulters in general harp on about constantly.

It does of course make perfect sense to someone who understands that the SSPX have supplied jurisdiction.

Its a very clear statement, one which Traditional Catholics are proud of.

EDIT: spelling
Pages: 1 2 3 4