FishEaters Traditional Catholic Forums

Full Version: Pope John Paul II meditating on the Tarot?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15
If one went into my room, they'd see many books.

It is very unfair to make the title as it is.
First he’s flagellating too much and now he’s into Tarot. All this while destroying Catholicism everywhere.
Is there no end to JPII’s bag of tricks?  ::)

The "Santo Subito" is one extreme; the attempt to demonize him is the other.
Tarot cards are demonic.
Any Catholic examination of conscience pamphlet or book has always been clear that magic, tarot cards, ouija board, astrology, numerology are all part of the occult and is a mortal sin that breaks the first commandment.

Those books were given as a gift by Von Balthasar who wrote the foreword for them. It is fitting and divine justice that the heretical theologian Von Balthsar died a day before he was to be made a cardinal.
(01-28-2010, 03:24 PM)SaintRafael Wrote: [ -> ]Tarot cards are demonic.
Any Catholic examination of conscience pamphlet or book has always been clear that magic, tarot cards, ouija board, astrology, numerology are all part of the occult and is a mortal sin that breaks the first commandment.

Those books were given as a gift by Von Balthasar who wrote the foreword for them. It is fitting and divine justice that the heretical theologian Von Balthsar died a day before he was to be made a cardinal.

Fine, but if they were a gift from Von Balthasar that says nothing at all about what Pope John Paul II thought of them.  Maybe he wrote the words "nonsense" on every page.  Or couldn't get through the intro.  Or used the books to prop up a short coffee table leg.  The presence of a book on a desk says nothing.  Popes need to read all sorts of crap. 
(01-28-2010, 03:48 PM)Bonifacius Wrote: [ -> ]Popes need to read all sorts of crap. 
Popes only have to read what they are required to read to perform their duty as Pope. Books given by friends as a gift are just that, a gift that no Pope is under any obligation to read, especially when it is demonic and against the Catholic faith.
If we are wanting to pick at JP2, we have more than enough to go on already, without resorting to some books on his desk.  They may have went straight to the trash can after he examined the contents for all we know.
(01-28-2010, 03:58 PM)SaintRafael Wrote: [ -> ]
(01-28-2010, 03:48 PM)Bonifacius Wrote: [ -> ]Popes need to read all sorts of crap. 
Popes only have to read what they are required to read to perform their duty as Pope. Books given by friends as a gift are just that, a gift that no Pope is under any obligation to read, especially when it is demonic and against the Catholic faith.

a Pope would have legitimate reason to read a book about the tarot given to him by a theologian slated to be given a red hat, knowing that the theologian had written the foreword.  i'd say it would be his duty as Pope to do so.

JP II may have written Von Balthasar a letter telling him to stay away from the tarot,  citing passages from the book.

we don't know so we shouldn't judge.  that's God's job, anyway.

(01-28-2010, 04:11 PM)i.p.i. Wrote: [ -> ]
(01-28-2010, 03:58 PM)SaintRafael Wrote: [ -> ]

a Pope would have legitimate reason to read a book about the tarot given to him by a theologian slated to be given a red hat, knowing that the theologian had written the foreword.  i'd say it would be his duty as Pope to do so.

JP II may have written Von Balthasar a letter telling him to stay away from the tarot,  citing passages from the book.

we don't know so we shouldn't judge.  that's God's job, anyway.

Right!  The Pope is the censor-in-chief of the Church.  So he should have been interested in what a cardinal wrote about something like this.  What, was he supposed to ignore it?  It's his job to be interested in such things, istn't?  More so than it's our job to find out what he's reading.
(01-28-2010, 04:11 PM)i.p.i. Wrote: [ -> ]a Pope would have legitimate reason to read a book about the tarot given to him by a theologian slated to be given a red hat, knowing that the theologian had written the foreword.  i'd say it would be his duty as Pope to do so.

It is funny how some of you people live in a fantasy world in which Pope John Paul II was this champion of traditionalism and orthodoxy who would put down theologians with condemnations and get rid of error.

Von Balthasar was a personal friend of Pope JP II until his death. John Paul II never uttered a word against the heretical Von Balthasar. Fr. Fessio once recounted that in a private meeting with JPII, he handed him the catalog of Ignatius Press. Pope John Paul II was overjoyed and thanked Fr. Fessio earnestly for carrying and selling the books and works of Von Balthasar.

Pope John Paul II was going to make Von Balthasar a cardinal, despite his heretical theology, and the foreword to a demonic tarot book. It was only with the grace of God, that God killed Von Balthasar a day before his friend Pope John Paul II could make him a cardinal and prince of the Church. God was not mocked.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15