FishEaters Traditional Catholic Forums

Full Version: Pics to be shown later this week.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Stunning!!!  (and not a single NO free standing table in sight!)

The pulpit is absolutely exquisite.  

Thank you so much for sharing!
(02-19-2010, 04:07 PM)mike6240 Wrote: [ -> ]Stunning!!!  (and not a single NO free standing table in sight!)

The pulpit is absolutely exquisite.  

Thank you so much for sharing!

Actually the Basilica of the Assumption does have a free standing altar. But every church I went to still had their railings and their altars always looked in place rather than something horribly ugly and out of place that was built for convenience alone.
While I was in Baltimore I went down to DC for a day and hung out with Walty for quite a bit. We had a good time.
I so hope that you can tell us that the Masses fit the splendor of the buildings.....N.O. buffoonery?
(02-19-2010, 08:33 PM)DesperatelySeeking Wrote: [ -> ]I so hope that you can tell us that the Masses fit the splendor of the buildings.....N.O. buffoonery?

Well, I went to a TLM at St. Alphonsus, but I do not know about the Basilica. From what I can tell, NO masses tend to be a lot more traditional in Maryland and DC than they do in, say, the Midwest or the West Coast.
Beautiful! Thank you for posting these!
Well I know where I'm going to Mass if I'm ever in Baltimore  :) Beautiful pictures!
Absolutely breathtaking! 

This is what I expected Catholic churches to look like for some reason when I first became Catholic.  And this was before I knew that the Latin Mass existed! 

I am glad there are still churches like this.  I get so sick of the modern, expressionless, auditorium type churches.  And it is so sad to see before and after pics of the churches in our diocese - so many high altars gone, no altar rails, most of the beautiful statues gone.

So it is so nice to see these beautiful pictures and feel like I went to heaven for a little while.

Thank you!
(02-21-2010, 12:37 AM)SearchingCatholic Wrote: [ -> ]Absolutely breathtaking! 

This is what I expected Catholic churches to look like for some reason when I first became Catholic.  And this was before I knew that the Latin Mass existed! 

I am glad there are still churches like this.  I get so sick of the modern, expressionless, auditorium type churches.  And it is so sad to see before and after pics of the churches in our diocese - so many high altars gone, no altar rails, most of the beautiful statues gone.

So it is so nice to see these beautiful pictures and feel like I went to heaven for a little while.

Thank you!

What she said.
Pages: 1 2