FishEaters Traditional Catholic Forums

Full Version: AFA Ends Pepsi Boycott
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Looks like another victory.

PepsiCo practices reflect change; AFA suspends boycott
February 12, 2010

When AFA called for a boycott of PepsiCo because of its support of homosexual activist groups, I knew we were taking on a huge task. After all, PepsiCo is a huge company. But I knew we had a lot of friends who would stand with us.

Now, I'm glad to report to you that we are suspending the boycott of PepsiCo. After monitoring the company for several months, AFA is satisfied the company has withdrawn its major financial contributions to gay activist groups.

I truly believe this is a direct result of your willingness to become involved. In fact, more than 500,000 people signed the Boycott PepsiCo Pledge.

AFA launched a boycott of PepsiCo after the company made $500,000 donations to Human Rights Campaign (HRC) and Parents, Families and Friends of Lesbians and Gays (PFLAG) in 2008. Records from PepsiCo, HRC and PFLAG indicate repeat donations did not occur in 2009.

Although a few minor issues remain, AFA will continue to monitor PepsiCo. We feel we have made our point. Boycotts have been a last resort for us at AFA, and the PepsiCo boycott was started to address issues of concern to us – especially the promotion of the homosexual agenda in the culture.

Your AFA will continue to challenge major U.S. companies to remain neutral in the culture wars rather than to use their resources to promote controversial issues.

Thank you for standing with us. Our efforts are making a difference!
Thank goodness! Just in time for the re-introduction of the old school cans.
Now if only the bishops will follow pepsis lead
Sip
(02-15-2010, 05:30 PM)devotedknuckles Wrote: [ -> ]Now if only the bishops will follow pepsis lead
Sip

DK, wake up!  You were dreaming...
(02-15-2010, 05:30 PM)devotedknuckles Wrote: [ -> ]Now if only the bishops will follow pepsis lead
Sip

We gotta boycott the USCCB first.