FishEaters Traditional Catholic Forums

Full Version: Spiritual Exercises Blog for Lent
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hopefully this will be orthodox and worthy.  I checked some of the stuff they link to, and it seems orthodox, so I'm going to go out on a limb and post the link here:

http://sedaily.wordpress.com/

Nice! Thank you.
Thank you, Quis. This should be very helpful.
These are the listed blog authors:

The authors of this blog are:

Mr. David Paternostro, S.J.

Deacon Kevin Dyer, S.J.

Father Christopher Collins, S.J.

and Mr. John Brown, S.J.

Can you be a "Mr" with SJ after your name?    ???
(02-15-2010, 07:35 PM)DesperatelySeeking Wrote: [ -> ]These are the listed blog authors:

The authors of this blog are:

Mr. David Paternostro, S.J.

Deacon Kevin Dyer, S.J.

Father Christopher Collins, S.J.

and Mr. John Brown, S.J.

Can you be a "Mr" with SJ after your name?    ???

Yes.  I think it means he is a Jesuit brother, and not an ordained priest. 
Really? Never heard of that.  I had Xaverian brothers for high school, and there was also at least one Dominican brother at college, but they were always "Brother" and not "Mister". 
(02-15-2010, 07:47 PM)DesperatelySeeking Wrote: [ -> ]Really? Never heard of that.  I had Xaverian brothers for high school, and there was also at least one Dominican brother at college, but they were always "Brother" and not "Mister". 

Maybe I'm using the word wrong.

Maybe it's Jesuit Scholastics?
This is a wonderful article. The things given are unanimous and needs to be appreciated by everyone..
==================
Ana

Exercises
(02-15-2010, 07:35 PM)DesperatelySeeking Wrote: [ -> ]Can you be a "Mr" with SJ after your name?    ???

Deacons can be "reverend mister", but it seems here that isn't the case. I don't know why brothers would use "mister". So it's probably something else.
(02-15-2010, 07:56 PM)CollegeCatholic Wrote: [ -> ]
(02-15-2010, 07:47 PM)DesperatelySeeking Wrote: [ -> ]Really? Never heard of that.  I had Xaverian brothers for high school, and there was also at least one Dominican brother at college, but they were always "Brother" and not "Mister". 

Maybe I'm using the word wrong.

Maybe it's Jesuit Scholastics?

The Jesuits have both Scholastics and Brothers.  We used to call the Scholastics "mister" and the brothers "brother".    The Jesuit formation program for the priesthood takes longer than most - 10 years or so before one becomes a priest, but one takes vows before that and is known as a Scholastic (basically a priest-in-training).