FishEaters Traditional Catholic Forums

Full Version: Unmarried lay people.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
Unless I'm called to something else than this is most likely the situation I'll end up being in. I was wondering what the unmarried post-college fisheaters do with their spare time seem they don't have a family to raise? When I think about a future as a single lay man I feel kind of unsure and lost.
(02-17-2010, 10:32 AM)Servus_Maria Wrote: [ -> ]Unless I'm called to something else than this is most likely the situation I'll end up being in. I was wondering what the unmarried post-college fisheaters do with their spare time seem they don't have a family to raise? When I think about a future as a single lay man I feel kind of unsure and lost.

Work, learn, pray.

Although, married un-lay people are rather rare :)
(02-17-2010, 10:33 AM)Herr_Mannelig Wrote: [ -> ]
(02-17-2010, 10:32 AM)Servus_Maria Wrote: [ -> ]Unless I'm called to something else than this is most likely the situation I'll end up being in. I was wondering what the unmarried post-college fisheaters do with their spare time seem they don't have a family to raise? When I think about a future as a single lay man I feel kind of unsure and lost.

Work, learn, pray.

How do you deal with loneliness?
You could save up money to go on a globetrotting vacation every year.
The unmarried life.
Ah ah ah I miss it. I do.
Servus count yourself lucky
(02-17-2010, 10:39 AM)Servus_Maria Wrote: [ -> ]How do you deal with loneliness?

By ignoring it.

(02-17-2010, 10:39 AM)Servus_Maria Wrote: [ -> ]

Work, learn, pray.

I completely understand... felt that way myself until I found my current gf. 

1) Pray.  Including praying that you'll be made worthy of so great a spouse.
2) Dedicate yourself to those activities that you wouldn't be able to do as a married amn.
3) Get a hobby... I always found my Xbox 360 to be a particular friend :-)

In the meantime, one of the best sources for information on this kind of stuff out there is Boundless by Focus on the Family http://www.boundless.org/
(02-17-2010, 11:04 AM)Ignatius_of_Loyola Wrote: [ -> ]
(02-17-2010, 10:39 AM)Servus_Maria Wrote: [ -> ]

Work, learn, pray.

I completely understand... felt that way myself until I found my current gf. 

1) Pray.  Including praying that you'll be made worthy of so great a spouse.
2) Dedicate yourself to those activities that you wouldn't be able to do as a married amn.
3) Get a hobby... I always found my Xbox 360 to be a particular friend :-)

In the meantime, one of the best sources for information on this kind of stuff out there is Boundless by Focus on the Family http://www.boundless.org/

How do you deal with loneliness?

I don't have to. I'm only 19 so I see friends every day at school, work and on the weekends. But I struggle with same sex attraction and it's finally starting to sink in that I'll have to go through this world without a family (my family is already pretty small and divided). What I worry about is when I hit my late twenties and everyone I know has a family of their own to take care of. Luckily God made me an introvert so it shouldn't be as hard for me as it would be other people, I guess I'll just do volunteer work for the Church and spend my free time reading and listening to music.
Remember, there is a difference between loneliness and solitude, and it's all attitude.
  First of all you are 19 which means you are confused by definition. Look it up; 19 = confused. Second, unless you have a gnarly ear on the middle of your forehead, or if you are called for the priesthood or a religious order, then some girl right now is planning on changing your life.

God makes them this way and there is no arguing with God. Like Mother Angelica said some man some where right now should get down on his knees and thank God for making me a nun and not marrying him. Since this is a life long condition the prescription for these symptoms is usually Whiskey.

But it is Lent, and you may have given it up. The  way out is Sunday is not for fasting, so I prescribe 4-8 large neat 8 oz. glasses of Powers Whiskey, with one or two pints of Guiness. Too much beer will make you fat, then no girls will want you. Then after Lent you can lower the dosage but it becomes a daily prescription of two 8 oz. glasses of Powers whiskey and two Guiness per evening.

This medication works best if taken in a working man's saloon, tavern, roadhouse, or bar. It will not work in a fern bar, a place where the slithering yuppies congregate, or any franchise theme cartoon drinking establishment.

When you get your strength back in summer, as a precaution, I would suggest getting a job as a helper on a construction site. This will help in many ways. It will build strength. It will broaden your spectrum of friends, and one of them may have a pretty daughter. But most importantly these guys know where the saloons are.

If this condition persists I can consult with Dr. DK as he is an expert in the field of drinkin'.
truly,
tim
Pages: 1 2 3 4