FishEaters Traditional Catholic Forums

Full Version: ABC News blames Benedict XVI for abuse
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
ABC news just had a story about the scandals all over the world and made sure they pointed out that Benedict XVI referred a pedo to counseling instead of the police. They had some priest on there that said no one but the Almighty can fire the Pope but his moral authority is damaged.

So you all better be prepared to fork over more money in your collection plates because more people will be dipping into the pot. The final statement on the story was "In the last 50 years over half a million children have been abused by the Catholic Church."

Brings me to something I have been pondering...what happened 50 years ago? Could it be when VII and Satan entered the Church?

Things will be improved when the leading US media will report about the pedophiles promoted by the ABC

Historical precedences are reported in Tacitus Histories and in unbiased history books of the Third Reich.
(03-18-2010, 07:39 PM)glgas Wrote: [ -> ]Things will be improved when the leading US media will report about the pedophiles promoted by the ABC

Historical precedences are reported in Tacitus Histories and in unbiased history books of the Third Reich.

In a twist of irony Fox News reported that ABC News paid baby killer Casey Anthony for her interview. Of course ABC News defends their actions by saying she wasn't charged when they paid her for the interview.

(03-18-2010, 08:39 PM)Petertherock Wrote: [ -> ]
(03-18-2010, 07:39 PM)glgas Wrote: [ -> ]Things will be improved when the leading US media will report about the pedophiles promoted by the ABC

In a twist of irony Fox News reported that ABC News paid baby killer Casey Anthony for her interview. Of course ABC News defends their actions by saying she wasn't charged when they paid her for the interview.

:laughing: So why did they pay her for an interview? they just went out and picked a random hot chick and asked for an interview and oops she turned out to be a murderer. :laughing:
(03-18-2010, 09:57 PM)Baskerville Wrote: [ -> ]
(03-18-2010, 08:39 PM)Petertherock Wrote: [ -> ]

:laughing: So why did they pay her for an interview? they just went out and picked a random hot chick and asked for an interview and oops she turned out to be a murderer. :laughing:

ABC would say that they interviewed her because she was the mother of a missing child. But everyone suspected her even early on.

There was nothing uncommon about referring pedos to counselors back when that happened and it still goes on, in secular settings today.

Realistically, what does a Bishop know about accusations? He is relying on some combination of hearsay and how far his own investigation goes might or might not provide hard evidence. So he is placed in the postion of a judge. Judges let pedos go all the time.

And in fact, in the uSA (I don't know about Germany) if you refer a pedo to a counselor, the counselor is required to report activity of that sort and so it is a roundabout way of getting the authorities in on it.

I am no softee on pedos, but I am tired of the hypocrisy of the media because there is so much going on outside the church you can't even call those hypocrites "whited sepulchres" because a sepulchre at least keeps walls around the dung. 

>:(
I agree - the true nature of this pedo scandal is finally coming out.
One has to remember two relevant facts about the problem
1) back in the 1960's -80's, Church leaders wanted to avoid a scandal and families didn't want that either
2) the true nature of the pedo psychology wasn't well known

So as a result Bishops thought that sending the pedo to counselling was the best option.
The only other real option they had was to fire the guy and turn him over to the police which is what is done now.
However into this mix one has to recall the vocations shortage and the fact that hearsay is hard to prove.
And of course the moral relativism that has been creeping into the Church, minimizing sexual sins.

If one really looks at the evidence, one will find that the problem is more about homosexual sins/abuse that child molestation and that a contributing factor has been the relaxation of clergy discipline.

Add to this the media hatred of the Church and voila, we are living through this scandal.

I hope the Holy Father reacts strongly and with clarity and a bit of force, to purge the Church of this problem and to tell the media to shut up all ready, as if it is the only institution with this problem.
(03-18-2010, 11:18 PM)littlerose Wrote: [ -> ]Realistically, what does a Bishop know about accusations? He is relying on some combination of hearsay and how far his own investigation goes might or might not provide hard evidence.

It's not hearsay when the victim identifies his assaulter.
Quote:So he is placed in the postion of a judge. Judges let pedos go all the time.

Since when? Pedophiles receive some of the harshest punishments available. They have to let the public know they are a sex offender. They have to stay a certain amount of distance away from children. They can't live near schools. Murderers and robbers do time in jail and that's it. Sex offenders have to periodically check in with their probation officers even 50 years after the incident; they are marked for life.
Quote:And in fact, in the uSA (I don't know about Germany) if you refer a pedo to a counselor, the counselor is required to report activity of that sort and so it is a roundabout way of getting the authorities in on it.

And then that pedophile is put through the system where he becomes a registered sex offender.
Quote:I am no softee on pedos, but I am tired of the hypocrisy of the media because there is so much going on outside the church you can't even call those hypocrites "whited sepulchres" because a sepulchre at least keeps walls around the dung.

I understand your position but we do no good putting the blame anywhere else other than the pedophiles and the leadership that allowed them to continue assaulting children. Of course the media is going to report on sex abuse scandals in the Catholic Church. There are over 1 billion Catholics in the world. The Catholic Church is the oldest institution in the world. The Catholic Church leads from the front so of course it's going to take its knocks. I don't like it either, but we have to accept the fact that the Church is going to face scrutiny.

Edit: I love parakeets by the way...I've always owned some type of bird. Right now I have a parrotlet.
Until the Holy Father tells us the whole truth about Fatima then I don't have much sympathy for him I am afraid.  If he can lie to the world about a critical message from Heaven intended to be published in 1960, then he cannot really complain when the media lies about him.  After all to his mind there is no such thing as absolute truth anyway just thesis and antithesis.

He has the solution to the world's problems.  Consecrate Russia to the IHM.  He steadfastly refuses to carry out Heaven's mandate and carries on feeding the newchurch swine with whatever remaining pearls are left after 1900 years of Tradition have been ransacked.

He was head of the CDF for 25 years and "whistled Dixie" as far as doing anything about these scandals is concerned.

If his persecution brings him back to the truth then I am all for it.  If it does not, then he has bigger things to worry about than a little more scandal in a swimming pool of scandal that is the modern Catholic Church.
Based on what he's been saying about the importance of philosophy and a restoraiton of that, as well as a restoration of legitimate Monasticism, he is heading in the right direction.

It would really impress me if he invited Father Gruner in for a talk.
Pages: 1 2